danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Lets decide what is the best game ever!!!!

| Gimme your favoirite game and your review of it

| GTA IV

| >>651500 give it a reason plz

| Minesweeper.

You choose your pace, no need to rush.
If you loose to a 50/50 situation, you can consider it a win (there are variants that almost eliminate this).
You can ease yourself into the game by gradually increasing difficulty.

Negative point : it's only a matter of time before you get >too proficient at it.
Negative point : there is no story.
Negative point : the only NPC is VERY limited in interaction.

| I have no intention of being part of a polish parliament. Minesweeper it is.

| Nier:Automata for the experience.
Don't get me wrong the gameplay is hella fun, but that's not why it's my favourite game.

The music, the atmosphere and the way they told the story God damn was it perfect.

Route e left me speechless. That is all.

| For me it's probably between Persona 5 and Dark Souls 3.

Persona 5 has amazing story and visuals. It's relatable as fuck, dark, has great characters and really good gameplay and music.

Dark Souls 3 has a very deep and great story and world. It has amazing replayability, multiple endings, tons of builds and stuff to try and explore, and very good level/world design. The gameplay itself is also really good. Challenging, fair, high skill ceiling. It's just great.

| >>651516
Minesweeper is flawed in the sense that it's all up to chance wether or not you'll win. You can use your skill to get closer to the endgame but too often you end up in a situation where you have to take a random guess.

| >>651564 op here, dude this thead is about talking what we like on our favourite games, its all sujective, our personal 10/10's, if you disagree keep it to yourself please

| >>651573
I thought we were deciding on which game is the best one? Obviously criticism is a valid part of reaching such conclusions.

| >>22b298
So it's just a list thread? Ok.

| >>651575 yeah, I just wanna hear why some people think their game is the best of all time

| >>651574 sorry if the title misled you, but criticizing games in this thread will only bring probles, just give us a review of your best game of all time

| Chrono Trigger should be the best. Amazing story, music, art direction. Entertaining gameplay, not too broken, not too difficult, it doesn't require grinding. It is just perfect.

| >>651630
Best RPG in my eyes handsdown. Pretty much 10/10

| Oh so we 100% bia? Then Elona+

A roguelike rpg with fuckton of rng but a good type of rng, a bit grindy to be sure but there are so many shit and stuff added over the year, i have played this game for over 3 year and i still found out new shit you also not bound by class, here are some of my past character. speed based dodge claymore wielding girl , tanky shotgun girl , a cute girl with 4 godly follower. You can also mod the shit out of the game too

| >>651532 Agreed. Nier.

| >>651532 a game like Automata is something I need as a lost, depressed NEET in my late 20s.

| >>651769
:/

| Hyper Light Drifter
Being able to gun, dash and slash like a madman with really tight controls is freaking amazing. There's also the satisfaction of tearing your foes apart with each slash. The pixel art is really charming as well. I really should play it again.

| >>651803 what?? All I did is describe myself and why Automata is such a comfy game for me.

| i cannot stress this enough: as RPG, Monster Girl Quest.
>>651827
she sad, gurl

| >>651827
Sorry, Corona-chan is bumming me out and I'm trying not to spread it around but sometimes it gets the best of me.

Nier seems like an interesting game especially storywise but I'm not sure I'll enjoy the gameplay.

I absolutely love when games breaks the fourth wall in interesting ways and if what I've heard is true Nier pulls this of really well.

| >>651858
>hug
So I guess Minesweeper can't cut it ;_;

I have a problem with flawed games, at some point I accept their flaws as features and love it...

I'm gonna ask my neighbor to pass me their copy of Nier so I can experience it.

| Fuck Automata, NieR Gestalt/RepliCant takes the cake. Plot and characters and music were even better there, nothing has rivaled them except for Automata but Automata still didn't win. I don't want to play as a sexbot, I want to play as either a depressed dad or prostitute brother.

| hyper dimension neptunia its a jrpg

positiv has a lot of humor and many games in the series
no 4th wall
easy to learn and has good tutorial.
nice graphics

neutral can be too goofy
the combat isnt very good

negative
soo much grinding and heavily subject to opinion

| >>652209
Eat pant

| earthbound (mother 2). playing it as a kid i thought it was really ahead of its time

| Nier Replicant

The character design, the music even the acting.

My ultimate experience.

| Everyone's talking about Nier:Automata while the action gameplay is dwarfed by the new Platinum Games' IP, Astral Chain. But still, for the story part Nier takes the cake for me.

| >>99ccd3 Nah, Gestalt and RepliCant FTW

| >>78c6ea Thank you.

| osu!
Or devil daggers.
Or the original Doom.
Pure gameplay is what matters.

| Skys of Arcadia is one of my personal favorites.

| Dark Souls series, Bloodborne are obvly the best ever.

| >>653213
Devil Daggers fuck yeah!

| Undertale, because some dumb internet poll said so.

| >>653958 those voters have no taste. Js.

| It's gotta be Tetris or Minecraft. They've got the gameplay and replayability. It's simple on the surface and easy to understand but still have a bit of a learning curve. They're accessible and iconic.

| >>653958 Honestly, ignoring the fandom takeover, Undertale should at least be a contender.

| I've said it before, but LISA. It starts with strange but fitting gameplay and music, some very good characters, and really excellent JRPG gameplay: it does pretty much everything expected of a video game well. From there, the attachment to your items and characters it places on you goes beyond those expectations, to the point that they lose their game mechanic feeling. Not many games cause me to make emotional decisions before optimization, but LISA did.

| What really makes it a masterpiece is how it takes the drive to reach the goal and save the princess you expect from a video game and turns that into Brad's tragic flaw. Other games may have good stories or good good gameplay, or even both, but it's not often that the gameplay is integral to the storytelling. Where other games could become a movie or a book and stay the same, LISA is made better because it's a video game. I've never played anything else fitting that description.

| Could OP define what is "game" and what is "best"? Since we're in /v/, I guess "game" = videogame, and there's definition of it on wiki (any game that is electronic and has a controllable by player video output). But what is "best"?

| >>654268
Yea I was gonna be saying Chess, but then it hit me that we're in /v/...

| >>654346
Chess is white supremacist propaganda.

| Multi Theft Auto... (thousands wasted hours) specially roleplay in virtual city, and yes you can play for g/u/rl!

| It's hard to choose between Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76 and all the re releases of Skyrim that there is out there. Am I right or what fellow gamers?? : ^ )

| >>654619 please remove fallout 76

| >>654645
please remove kebab

| >>654679
Nu skärper du till dig din jävla bög

| >>654684
Nå går du å henger deg din vrengte Svenske!

| >>654718
Everytime you guys talk I instantly get in a good mood. I love your language! <3

Total number of posts: 52, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1589432051

This thread is permanently archived