danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Offline game similar to Runescape?

|

| I think open rsc (open source RuneScape classic) or related project has an offline version, but if not you could run your own

You could also run your own private rs2 server but they generally are very broken

| Which part of Runescape do you dig?

| >>c9145c the skill system first of all

| Elder Scrolls maybe? I mean, graphically they're very different, but, you know. RPG with skills that you can level up to all hell by just, well, doing that specific thing you want to level up. Well, that's probably mostly Skyrim, I have barely played any other ones, but, yeah. I guess that's my suggestion with the vague requirements you've given.

| >>642232 nah that's with others too, but they've got another system on top where you level your attributes as well based on how many level ups in that skill since your last character level, pain to min max but if that's your thing...

Oblivion is basically half way to Skyrim combat in that it's closer to action rpg

Morrowind is where classic tes starts, magic is op af, hits are based on dice rolls, and there's no hp or magika regen so start sleeping boi

| Daggerfall is the above but much of it is 2d, they did use a 3d engine but still use sprites for basically everything short of houses, it's the most ambitious tes game by a long shot, there's language skills for basically every race, the map is procedurally generated so it's gigantic with tons of cities and other small villages, dungeons too are absolutely gigantic and you will get lost

I have not played arena

| >>642279
I really want to play Daggerfall some day. It seems awesome.

| If you want to give Morrowind a try use openMW it replaces the super outdated engine with an open source one, that even has a multiplayer fork called tes3mp. It's also on Android in f-droid but Beth said they can't advertise that

To play daggerfall use daggerfall unity it's basically feature complete, with some quality of Life changes, bug fixes, and mod support in the unity game engine so it can run on modern systems

| >>642280 I personally really like it but the language skills in the base game are kinda bad, if you try it and want to play a smooth taking rogue download the archeology guild mod it makes them work way better

Warm ashes, and dream are also really good

I think everyone who likes tes should play a little bit of daggerfall because it's on Bethesdas site for free, there df unity to play on modern PC's and it's really interesting to see what tes was originally

| Also fun fact daggerfall you have a climbing skill, making it the only tes game you can play a cat burglar where you climb up to people's second story and break in their house

| Id recommend Albion Online, has some runescape vibes here and there and is pretty good.

| >>642311
> offline game

| >>25fc07

Ah, true, sorry

| Let's cover this from a different angle too. Other games that are close to being as aggressively British in their humor. I'll propose the old Discworld games by this criteria.

| Elona+

| >>643275 isn't that the game you can have a pet loli

| >>643295 well yes. It's also a game where you skill up based on what you do.

| >>643295 Hey hey people

| >>642759
Sunless sea, maybe.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1586776049

This thread is permanently archived