danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Pesterquest finale

| Yeah that shit sure was something huh
How are you feeling, fellow homestucks? Any thoughts on the game, your opinions about it, or theories on possible sequel content? I mean, aside from Hiveswap Act 2 of course

|

| oops

I haven't played any of the homestuck games, only read the comic. are they worth playing? reading the descriptions of the pesterquest games did not exactly instill confidence

| >>641115
Hiveswap Act 1 is awesome, hands down, no questions asked
Friendsim and Pesterquest are a cointoss depending on whether or not you are ready to read tons of text but you braved the comic proper so I don't think it will be a problem
Additionaly, different routes were written by different people and that can (and did) annoy some ppl
Regardless, in my opinion the plot in them is very compelling and emotional, the music is superb and the artwork is beautifuly done..

| >>641115
.. They are also important to better understand the world of homestuck too
Friendsims are there 'to set the stage' for Hiveswap Act 2, flesh out it's characters and give us some worldbuilding, since we didn't see much of Alternia in the comic before the Beta Trolls entered the session
PQ is it's direct sequel which finishes the protagonist's story, makes us spend some non-sburb related time with the kiddos,..

| >>641115
..while kinda being some sort of wish fullfilment and character/narrative exploration? It makes sense in context, I swear.
I get being kinda underwhelmed by the description tho, haven't touched any Friendsim content before the PQ release last year didn't give me a push but that's Homestuck we are talking about, being underwhelming on the outside and deep/weird/emotiinal/sincere piece of work once you get past the sharades

Aw damn my color code changed wtf mobile

| homestuck is weird. you'll either love it and in the end make fun of betty crocker and plug random references in every place online and spam messages about how vriska is your waifu, or you'll say "what the fuck is this shit and why do my friends like it" despite being past over 3000 pages of the comic and still in physical agony of reading it

expect to finish the comic or get halfway through, and end up like either possibility described above. it's the sims but as a 2010 comic.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1585994763

This thread is permanently archived