danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
We need more single player games or not online focused

| Some people cant play a game unless it is multiplayer wich is fine but multiplayer is very overrated nowadays epecially online wich makes devs think paying to play online, lootboxes, and other pay walls are viable wich is kinda bullshit, if the servers go down you can never play it again, I miss paying once and having the full exp

| Also to hook people they make a "single player campain" wich is just a poor excuse to make what once were single player with local play games cost less and just put every thing on the online while the the lore, inovative gameplay and originality of the game slowly dies and when you realise you are paying for extra save files, upgrades, playable charaters and the world you used to run around is 5X smaller and you can hear who fucked your mom in high definition

| Yeah it's ridiculous. Thankfully we still get single player games that don't have that nonsense. Yakuza games come to mind.

| I'm pretty sure most games are still mostly single player

| Yeah but look at the AAA market and what most people play

| Normies kinda ruined the industry

| Stop playing AAA. Support more indie games.

And besides there's still a lot of single-player AAA being made. I don't know where you're coming from. You don't have to pay attention to games you don't like

| Just play single player homie. It ain't that fucking hard. There's a lot more single player games than multiplayer. Just check out Indies or Nintendo for good quality, or just actually look around, do research on the types of games you want to play.

| woohoo single player rocket league

| >>640559 they would obviously make a good story with good AI and new modes besides car soccer, I would like to see that a race mode since the mobility of the cars is so diferent than your usual car games

| The problem with multiplayer is that it keeps devs comfortable and kill creativity

| Why make a new cool new mode when we can milk the same mode program microtransactions, do a crapy battle pass and profit

| >>640580
What exactly are you trying to say here, op?

I mean if your argument is that online multiplayer games are bad bc they're too oriented on microtransaction, that's fair, though I'd prefer discussing specific games than throwing blanket statement.

But this got nothing to do with single player games. They're fundamentally different and design skills in one don't translate to the other.

| It's like complaining about the seeds in (specific breeds of) oranges and then pointing out how apples don't have seed. Like, well duh?

(ok i know apples technically have seeds, but it's different enough)

(and oops, I just kinda assumed
>>3bdc5e and>>9be3be are the same person. My bad if you aren't)

| I guees you are right but still some franchices are walking the lets go full multiplayer and thats kinda sad and we are the same person

| >>640594
Please cite games

| >>640578
(I'm gonna be fair and say they do have the option to play against AI, and there are mods that make the AI literal killers, there might be no story, but it's fairly entertaining)

| Fortnite, CoD, fifa, need for speed, plants vs zombies mostly EA stuff

| I'm not sad at all that nfs is going more multiplayer openworld, that's actually what I was waiting for since they took down nfs world...
My favorite career nfs were undercover (I never played the first most wanted game), and nfs prostreet for the "less arcade" gameplay. I do believe nfs was needing ACTUAL multiplayer, almost mmo style...
Maybe it's not as bad as it seems, is it ?

| Fortnite revolves around multiplayer :/ so that's a tricky one...

| >>640633 then the game really is for your

| I'm gonna watch a walkthrough of recent cod games and tell you if I agree or not with you
Last one I played was mw3 singleplayer, and I think I had a really good time !

| >>640637 save the world mode was the original game and my friend likes to play he is always complaining how they abandoned the mode

| >>640638
Yes, you're right, I am biased !
HOWEVER, I've played underground singleplayer, and I've been killed inside by its linear progression... the singles player does repulse me in underground 1. Now with underground 2... God, I loved it !

| >>640640 its because I feel like the story modes aren't as well deseingned as they should be

| >>640641
wait is it not supposed to be coop ?

| >>640644
Yea I'm watching that tonight, give me a few (dozen) hours hehe

| >>640643 I didn't say you were biased, but ok, don't you wish the single player was better and less linear?

| >>640645 yeah but my friend plays mostly solo since he likes the concept of a open world tower defence where you build the towers and slowly conquers the land

| >>640648
Yep, I do wish it was, underground 2's open world blew my mind and all of a sudden, linear progression was off of my mind
(yes i'm biased, i'm not denying xD)

| >>640649
Oh so you actually can play solo...
well I'm thinking it's probably 2 different teams working on this, or one of the projects is on standby...

| >>640652 it is the same team, they update the game but barely adds much, they are too busy focusing on battle royale

| >>640651 Linear progression bothering you in a racing game? Let me recommend you Paradise City! It's an older game, but damn it I love it. You can go anywhere in Paradise City, do anything. Each set of lights is a different challenge. It's such a great classic game g/u/rl. And don't even get me started on the soundtrack they lined up! So good. Sooooo gooooooooood.

| Op here, Another problem with multiplayer focused game is that you don't own the game,if they turn the server off its gone all you have is the bad, uncreative single player campain and it gets worse if sp campain requires online to play

| >>640807
Was gonna joke about how this sounds like a man complaining that nighttime is dark but it got me thinking.

Does peer-to-peer online games exist? Is the technology there yet? I imagine it can work like torrents, so you can play as long as there's someone else also online, but I don't know the technicalities at all.

| >>640822
Funny you say that. Splatoon, as an example--I'm not a Splatoon fan, is peer-to-peer. Literally. Not one player is a host, pure p2p, with Nintendo server used only for matchmaking. And guess what? People hate it. They've been asking for a dedicated server because p2p across different countries is a terrible idea(one person lags = everyone lags) but N corp wants to cut costs. What you want isn't p2p but a game that lets players host their own dedicated server (eg Minecraft)

| >>640807
Gives me GameSpy vibes all of a sudden...

However one of the games was halo 1 on PC, the server browser was from gamespy, so... there still was a nice sp campaign with it.

| >>640849
Well! I see the technology isn't there yet then.

Yeah, letting players host their own server is currently the best solution.
The problem with that is that the server needs to be set up, which might require specific skills/hardware. Most devs don't really have an incentive to make that process easier.

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1585820467

This thread is permanently archived