danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
G/u/rls Talk About Games(GTAG)-Earth Defense Force

| Basically game review but in a very casual style. Talk about the games or shit on the review. Do whatever you want bellow.

So EDF or GDF in the past is an interesting series. I would say they are a bunch of shovelwares yet, I have so much fun playing those with my bro. Start with GDF it was the introduction to EDF for me and its have the seriousness and dreadfulness that the newer games doesn't have, the music and having no allies really make the world feel like in danger...

| There are many interesting locations also, like 1 mission you are in a cave fighting swarm of flying ants and you have to find their nest? That is some cool shit and 1 mission where you are in a beach and swarms of red ants coming towards you. The “godzilla” is also more “flesh” looking, the structures are pretty well placed, so you can see a lot of destroying and insects climbing around. There are a lot of cool enermies as well such as the centipede. While vehicles are not too op.

| GDF is pretty awesome, I will give it a 7.5/10 as it is mad fun and really cool.
Then let's talk about EDF 4.1, this has a more casual and fun atmosphere. With a bunch of soldiers singing EDF anthem and stuff. Fencer class is so awesome to play as with the recoil of machine guns and mortar have so much punchyness, yet a lot of stages and enermies feels repetitive and the enermies are not that interesting, the vehicles are also too op it is still very fun to play tho. 7/10

| Finally Iron Rain. I feel like they want to be more “seirous” and attract new fans and it is very different than the previous entries. The graphic, system, enermies, the gameplay, atmosphere as well. Is it really a improvement though? Graphic is cooler, customizations, enermies are very different, control insects that are really cool. Yet I think it's actually not that good. First the new weapons unlocked system is the worst idea ever. The gun feel less punchy...

| It also have less “cool missions” well except the missions at very later parts. It really not much fun compare to the entries before, there also very less vehicles. It use cinematics instead of enermies to create the “cinematic feel”, it really is disappointing. 4/10

| >>640155 I feel iron rain was the typical let's try to take over this series and make it more westernized with a spin-off attempt.

| Mmmmmeh.

| EDF is a lot of fun with friends. I think it's the friends that make it fun, but the game really does a great job of facilitating an environment in which you can have a good time with fellow g/u/rls, if that makes any sense. It's up to you and your friends to make it good, but the game sets everything up right so that it's easy for you all to make it good... I can't really describe it any other way.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1585799423

This thread is permanently archived