danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Persona 4 Arena

| Anybody else love the P4A series?

| Please tell me I'm not the only one who think the story is a horrible fanfic and the story's narration is the worst thing Atlus has ever done

| ^what do you expect from an necessary game that is milked because the fanbase is just gushing with excitement for more persona?

Look, I love persona as much as the other g/u/rls, but the extra stuff (anime series, anime movie, dance game, fight game, etrian odyssey ripoff game) are just... forced

| ^ Man, I dunno. I don't mind extra, fun, crossover stuffs, I was just hoping they'll put more care to it. I might actually like P4A's story if the narration isn't so awful.

| Yeah. There were way too many text walls, some of which were difficult to read. Though I do agree that Altus needs to calm down with the spin-offs, especially when all they do is highlight Persona 4.

| >>64785

Wel, let's see. They gave persona 3's 2nd movie to A1 pictures and then proceed to make P4 anime series.

But wait, of course there needs to be 2 version of anime series because there're 2 version of P4 the game, right?

Even worse, the 2nd P4 anime also given to A1 and they fucked it up this time.

| Atlus is just over obsessed with timing and hype. They want their fans to consume the side dishes so that they are not wandering to other restaurant while waiting for the main dish.

And because the main dish require so much time and effort, caring about the quality of the side dishes is out of the window.

Just pump out low effort things that our fan can look at man... "It's better than nothing"

Definitely match the A1 studio's ethos

| Guess they needed all those sequels to make money for P5
also, the dancing game was popular af in Japan (as every rhythm game)
But yeah, P4A was not coherent, but noice to see P3 chars again - PQ was nice, too

| > Guess they needed all those sequels to make money for P5
I didn't think of that. If that's the case I won't mind any of these trash sequels

Also, sorry if we're hijacking the thread with all these talks, op.

| Well, I mean as a fighting game... The obnoxious story is perfectly avoidable.

| No problem, I don't mind hijacked threads at all.

| Came for the fighting game, figured i'd stay for the story while i was there. The story was just......flat, it had so much more it could have done. WE GOT TO SEE SHADOW NARUKAMI.

I had fun with its gameplay though, generated alot of salt and got slammed by many a beefcake persona

| The P4A games have really unnecessary story lines, but I do enjoy the game play

| So as bad as one could argue *most* of the spin-offs and anime are, I really, really, thought the P3 movie were overall well done.
Midsummer Knights Dream stands out as the best among them to me.

| The one that most people hate is P4 2nd anime series by A1. They rushed the story, change the protagonist's personality. It is overall unnecessary because we already had P4 anime before this one.

| Just sitting here wondering why we don't have an sm t fighter or at least include Persona 1 & 2 cast when they were so short on characters they considered Bamako and Dojima as characters. Also don't give me they respect the older games too much carp when they will throw costumes and music into nostalgia baiting dlc.

| ^because most of the target audience will be like "Who the fuck is this guy? and what's the deal with that g/u/rl?"

While hardcore SMT fans will be like "REEEEEEEE Not real SMT"

Some people won't mind it/ find it amusing, but it's not worth the effort.

| >>69844 wait what do you mean by not real smt? Because it's a different gerne? That kinda the point in giving the character a move set and dropping them into a fighter like arena did for persona 4. It's not like they would decide to make the characters chibified or rewrite to not resemble themselves because the would defeat the entire purpose. Also I like to think people would see characters they don't recognize and want to learn about them and why they do harass persona things.

| Most smt fans are starved for acknowledgment for the classics that I'm pretty sure they would take whatever they can get, but then I look at smt4: final and reception sales of strange journey remake.

| >>69863 It's the meme that SMT fan dislike anything persona/persona fan. Saying "Play real SMT" when people are saying that their fav game is SMT: Persona 3/4 (because that's how the english title were). Yes, it's exaggerated, but the elitism do exist in the fanbase.

| >smt4: final

I'm mostly leaning towards SMT but I don't mind them being cameos in other series. Afteral, I played SMT IMAGINE (the mmo) and they shilled the fuck out of that.

But I do dislike SMTIV: Final. It sits in fence between want to be a persona game and trying to retain the SMT form.

That's why we get that huge difference between the personality of the cast and the mission that they are in.

| Guys, we need to appeal to persona fans!
>"It's not like I love you or anything"
>adds the peaking scene
>make party member's gain upgrade throughout the story

Wait, we are pissing the SMT fans, make them happy!
>Adds genocide path
>Makes the last dungeon stupidly hard
>Makes the MC kills god

| personally, i just prefer smt for being open ended and legitimately tough to beat. i like persona for its sorta light feeling but srsly ive never broken a sweat on its difficulty compared to smt. i must be masochistic. goddamn mem aleph

| One of the more tolerable stories for an arcade game. It's fan fiction, but not sandpaper your eyes fan fiction.

| Well, as one of the less negative posts on this thread, I for one love P4A & P4AU. I love fighting games and I love persona, sometimes I can drop the story aspect to see my Husbondo (Junpei) beat the shit out of Rise-chan. Honestly I hate how most of the characters are written and the story does get on my nerves a bit but, Labrys' is fine enough and that's honestly all I need. I love the girl.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1513730265

This thread is permanently archived