danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
"Hey, remember Mega Man Battle Network? What if it was a rogue-lite instead, and also on crack?"

| - asked the dev(s) of One Step From Eden and eventually delivered a strong contender for Indie of the Year in my opinion. Gameplay is extremely fast-paced, frenetic almost, and the rogue-lite formula makes it so addicting to die and immediately try again, maybe go for a different character or a different build this run. Lots of cute girls with waifu potential is always a plus, and the soundtrack fricking s l a p s .

Have any of you g/u/rls played it yet? What's your opinion on it?

| I'm looking at it and I like the MMBN gameplay, but I don't like roguelikes much, plus the term is getting overused. What sort of roguelike elements does it have?

| >>639827
The order of zones you need to get through is randomized, the levels inside the zones are also random, you get random rewards, and you unlock some stuff (like new cards or artifacts that may appear during future runs or characters/loadouts/skins that you can pick before starting a run) at the end of a run.

| I'm not big into deck building games but when they mentioned MMBN, which I also didn't play, I thought it's a neat chance to enjoy a classic in a modern packaging. Maybe once I have 20 bucks lying around.

| >>639869
I'd say it's rather light deck building, you still need to think about which stuff to get and whether or not to keep the deck slim, but not as much as in something like Slay the Spire or other similar games. I'd say it's much more focused on the action and dodging stuff in particular.

| Love the aesthetic and it looks like my kind of thing, but the twitchy action game hole in my life is currently being filled up by Dead Cells. I'll definitely pick this up at some point, but later.

| I played the demo way back when it was on Kickstarter, but found out the campaign had ended right before I played it, so instead of backing I kind of just forgot about it. I was really excited when I suddenly saw it in the Switch store. I'll probably buy it once I have money to spare.

| I saw 'deck building' on the steam page and decided to pass but now I might have to play it

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1585762678

This thread is permanently archived