danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Burnt out on Multiplayer

| The constant failures and losses on the moba and fps games I play have got me burnt out.
Every time I fail my team or get cornered and blasted to bits the stress I get has grown and grown until my chest starts hurting, and then I just leave the match and try to breathe.
Whenever I win I take it for granted, while losses feel so much more heavy now than before.

| Man, I just want to play some single-player shit and grind out
whatever I want just for the hell of it. Whoring yourself out to shopkeepers to get back the money you paid to buy a palace in Elona+, reclassing your entire party into teleporting maids in (The worst) Fire Emblem, using only frags to bully a pack of bandits in STALKER, that kind of dumb stuff. Something light and carefree, but also compelling.

| Sounds like you could get something out of Deep Rock Galactic.

Probably has the best Coop gameplay loop with actual teamwork that isn't just "lets all shoot the same targets."

Community is super welcoming and wholesome, the devs update the game all the time and frequently add in requests from the playerbase.

Honestly just a damn good game all around, highly recommend it.

| i will play with you if you know what i mean.
gib minecraft serv ip

| U need sum nintendo in your vein, it has lotsa single play gumes

| >>638737
Legit though. I mostly play single player games, and for that reason Nintendo has been a blessing for me.

| >>638722
MOBAs are awful, stop playing them for your own mental health.

| >>639666 op only wanted a nintendo circlejerk it seems

| Some people cant play a game unless it is multiplayer wich is fine but multiplayer is very overrated nowadays epecially online wich makes devs think paying to play online, lootboxes, and other pay walls are viable wich is kinda bullshit, if the servers go down you can never play it again, I miss paying once and having the full exp

| Call me crazy, but I'm with OP on this one. A) There's a lot of multiplayer that feels forced these days. NieR and Nioh have these things placed where other people have died, and it really takes me out of the game. I replayed NieR without PS+ recently, and became so much more engaged in the world. I felt like I was there, ya know? B) There might not be, but it really feels like there's just fewer good single player games. Maybe this is why I've been sticking to indie more and more.

| C) This isn't exactly multiplayer's fault, but I feel as though it's related. I miss buying games to own. Like... You used to go to the store, purchase a game, and own that game. But now, most games are more of a subscription sort of thing? Like "we'll let you play this copy of the game for $70, and we probably won't take it away, but because we force you to connect it to the internet (despite it being a singleplayer game) we CAN take it away if we feel like it, it's in the terms.

| >>640797
So:
A. Too lazy to go to options or simply disconnect from Wi-Fi.
B. Just look around more. Tons of single player games release all the time, and I doubt most of them are bad. Also, indie games are games, you know?
C. Paranoid? Idk what you're talking about. Unless you're playing an online game they're not gonna take it away. They would not benefit from that in any way. You shouldn't be anxious about stuff like that.

| >>640900 So:
A. Turning wifi off isn't the problem. How lazy and unnecessary it was is the problem.
B. I know there's plenty of single player games out there. I play them. I made a comment on how it seems like there's less and less.
C. You're right. They probably won't take it away. I don't buy a game and play it in fear that they will. I just think the terms and conditions that are often used in today's gaming world are somewhat scummy, & I miss when they seemed less so.

| Why not try playing some more casual, less competitive online games like EDF? I personally find EDF's multiplayer game enjoyable, failures aren't that much of a big deal and most of the time they are rather hilarious.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1586093080

This thread is permanently archived