danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why are videogame characters resembling their voice actor is becoming more common

| Celebs, ew

| The only person I can think of that fits the description is Nathan Fillion. Lent his voice for the one or two of the Halo games, and his character is exactly like him

| What are you even taking about op?

| >>637244
I think she's referring to Death Tranding and Cyberpunk 2077. Two games = every game.

| *Stranding

| idk, /u/ have a point. the last of us is a pretty good example of characters looking like their VA's.

| I don't see a problem? The devs might be aiming for realism and the best fitting physical form for the voice they got is, well, the owner of said voice, no?

And if they're doing it because they want to cash in on having famous actors in their game, eh, I don't think it's a problem either. We don't get common-face syndrome as bad as movies do.

| >>637294
I don't think any two games have had characters based on the same real life person yet unless maybe in a game series.

| Besides star power, it's only natural to have characters match the features and physic of their actors in games with performance capture.

Of course, that doesn't mean they need to look exactly like their actors. In Death Stranding, Dead Man isn't played by Guillermo Del Toro. It's a different person who is wearing Del Toro's digital skin.

| >>637211
Buck :D

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1584949436

This thread is permanently archived