danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Gamers suck at boycott

| I know it's a biiiiiit late but uhhh remember all the rage surrounding pokemon SwSh?

That game sold as much as the previous games.

| Hmm, there was one boycott I remember gamers did was when For Honor had their expensive ingots, steel, or whatever the hell it was called

| Why did pokemon get rage?

| >>633035 because of dexit, basically because not all the pokemon from the previous game were going to be included

| And are now going to be added in dlc

| Not the worst thing to happen in the gaming industry.

| >>633069 weren't all the animations hyped up to be better than the previous games as to why they cut some of the Pokemon but,the animations were just copy and pasted from older games?

| >>633117 that's what I heard from a friend. I'm an older fan of pokemon and stop playing around pkm black and I finally got pokemon sword and it seems the same so yeah

| tbf when was the last time a boycott worked

if you market to normies then your game will sell well to people who just don't pay enough attention

| >>633120
I dunno. I haven't played since B/W either and I think SwSh animation looks miles better than what little I've seen of the 3DS games. I'm not really one to judge though.

| The gamer boycott is a meme. Silently vote with your wallet. Talk about boycotting a game and you just feed into a publishers hand

| personally I stuck with my beliefs and didn't buy swsh and i don't play any blizzard games anymore but jesus christ we are shit at boycotting

look at these funny images

https://i.redd.it/dc41xxm271x31.jpg
https://i.redd.it/zw76vhf3euv31.jpg
https://i.redd.it/f2sh73ibv6i41.png

| >>2119ae that's because it's a difference of 240pp + black outlines to make it stand out vs a large switch screen with 720pp at worst, but the actual animations are (for the majority, small amount are new) the exact same

| >>633135 It doesn't help that the boycott was over weak reasons to begin with. At worst, the game had fewer monsters and you couldn't bring over pokemon from previous games to steamroll like you did before. Other than that, the game itself was okay.

Compare this to EA, Blizzard, and Bethesda fuckups and you soon see that Nintendo protestors had a very skewed view of what constitutes "abuse" by game companies- especially since some people compared Bethesda favorably.

| That, and outrage culture is a joke and rarely translates into anything of worth unless the game company manages to fuck up so hard, they reach into the past and molest every customer they ever had- such was the case in Warcraft 3 Reforged.

| >>a77abc so as long as a company doesn't exploit, censor and ignore their custumers it's okay for them to put pay walls on what we had before and raise the price of the game while giving less content?

| Saying that game freak, nintendo and pokemon company are not as bad as the others and giving them a pass, is wrong, think about it, now we have to pay to play online and there has been way more DLC in nintendo games, not saying what we want and letting them slowly get more currupt will make things get worse

| >>633223
I don't think anyone said that. People are either angry or don't care at all from what I've seen. And by don't care I mean people are whales and they have unlimited money. People would only really protest if they actually couldn't afford the product, but apparently that isn't the case.

| Most boycotts don't work because people say they're upset and won't buy it but buy it anyway

see the people who bought anything from epic games, post hording games like a dragon

Nintendo is less bad than others, they don't have loot boxes in everything like ubi and they don't add pay to win things after you've bought a game like Bethesda

Just because they're less bad doesn't make what they're doing not bad

| >>633298 yes thats what I've been saying for months

| honestly still just pissed that all the people who said they would not buy swsh bought it anyways and were surprised it was shit

so glad i held my ground about not getting it, because with all the insane subscriptions and dlc it's absurd. seriously, how is anybody surprised anymore by the shit game freak is pulling?

| Glad I didn't buy either

| I too did not buy Sword and Shield. Then again, the last Pokemon game I bought was Pokemon Snap for the N64.

| Obviously the SaS "boycott" failed, the majority of pokemon fans are so utterly hostile to innovation and quality that its not simply easier, but more profitable to, sell them the same product for 30 fucking years until they lay in a shallow grave of slightly updated cartridges from the 90s with a different sticker on them.

| >>633429 damn, that's a blast from the past lol I remember playing Pokemon Snap as a kid, it was pretty awesome lol

I bought pokemon sword but I do kinda feel something about this added dlc. Like if you bought both sword and shield you have to buy both versions of the dlc which kinda sucks

| >>633493

Why would you buy both versions of the game?

That said the pokemon aren't locked to the DLC, so even without it you can just trade pokemon over to the other character, its just you need the dlc to visit the new locations.

| >>633554 but the dlc allows you to actually catch the pokemon in game rather than trade them with their subscription service of pokemon home which you have to pay for monthly.

I wouldn't buy both versions since I just like to play the game but some people buy both to compete the pokedex without the need to trade with friends

Total number of posts: 27, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1583825771

This thread is permanently archived