danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
help me justify nuking my screenshots folder

| i can't be the only one who take garbage screenshot for every time a character speaks or something. i feel bad for getting rid of them but if you think about it there was a time before screenshots when we don't need to worry about remembering every little moment we have in every videogames.. or something.

| Memory is sometimes unreliable. I keep screencaps cause I can usually remember what my life was like at the time they were taken. If they are taking up too much space you could get rid of them. Anything important enough will be remembered by you anyways.

| Is there any reason why you *have* to nuke your screenshots? Screenshots are great. Sometimes I just browse through my screenshot folder to cheer myself up.

| >>632706 You are exactly like me g/u/rl. I try to keep pressing F12 whenever anything interesting or major happened. I keep all the photos in a folder separated in games. So that I know what games I have played and noted down the experience. I keep pressing F12 for the animation as well to have the animation effect... I have problems. So I take it more easy in recent games, just press F12 once if very major or fun things happened.

| >>632709 eventually I'm gonna need more space. and I know that 50% of my screenshot aren't that interesting or important. for example: screenshots of cutscene that I can just look up on youtube. I just don't feel like going through 14,000 something files to filter out which ones are which.

| >>632712 I still have the screenshots for entire RPGs and VNs so I can quickly look up the story without having to replay the game lol. In recent games I'm trying to limit myself to contents that are at least unique to my playthrough, but old habits die hard.

| you can't escape it, at some point you either delete it all out of laziness or go through it all, deleting selectively for a full day or two. All of those times you spammed screenshot button return to bite you.

| throw it all in a zip and upload it somewhere permanent.

| Don't delete it! Just create like a file on google photos and upload the screenshots there if you are trying to free up space. I record so much shit while playing that sometimes I think I should try being a let player on youtube but I just like rewatching myself playing the game or funny moments.

| That's a interesting way to use screenshots. I only ever take screenshots when something is amusing in dialogue or a glitch or something meaning I rarely use the f12 key

| >>633185 You see, when something amusing happened in the dialog, it usually require the entire conversation to get the context (unless it's a "funnier out of context" thing). And also, I find many dialog amusing I guess something is wrong with me (OP)

| >>633198 I guess I mean stuff like in jokes with friends or references, jokes that don't land

most of the stuff is pretty self contained, though there is some stuff I did take the entire conversation but I think I'm just too lazy to do that often or it's like a vn where you can show most of the convo on screen at once with the log :p

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1583709743

This thread is permanently archived