danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Super Smash Bros Ultimate How do I choose a main?

| Been having this personal trouble for months now, I keep playing a character and feel like that they might be the one, but then feel it might not be.. first it was with Robin, I had become proficient in using him and kicking ass all the way but felt guiity and thought I was spamming... then it went to Joker, who I love since Persona 5 is big deal for me, and he was going great but I feel like I was not playing him as hood as others.

Now its on Shulk and I feel the same will happen

| Game

| Game more

| Masturbate to every single character in the game, then decide which one made you cum harder. That one will be your main. For me it was female inkling.

| >>6854e4 I... but that would be 70+ masturbations, I dont know if im up for something like that. Think I can probably find it a better way

| Same but in Guilty Gear.
I like Sol but Ky is a lot more rounded, but Leo looks so fun, but Baiken is so cool too, but Kum can do so much insane corner stuff, but Raven can do so much damage, but Faust is such a goofball, but Potemkin is such a good grappler, but Slayer is just so dandy, but Sol has that cool install music...

| >>630420 thats just me... 24/7

BUT WORSE SINCE I KNOW MOSTLY EVERYONE IN SMASH

| >>630413
I now main Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer more than I already did. Thanks!

| I have a friend who has the same problem, and the issue seems to be being too self-conscious. Your reasons for stopping with the characters you said you liked are honestly pretty dumb. Robin using projectiles and magic a lot is literally what you're supposed to do as her, and she's definitely more interesting than most of the other FE characters. With Joker, well, comparing yourself to others like that is always bad, because people will always be better than you no matter what.

| You can't really get around that. People will say you spam even if you just play your character when you play, like, 80% of the cast. People will always be better at your main than you are unless you are a full-time professional player, and even they sometimes get beat by random players playing the same character. That's just how it is. You need to get past those mental barriers. If you really enjoy playing the character, then pick it as your main. It's as simple as that.

| You can also have multiple mains. While I main Ness, I have a lot of characters on the side that I frequent.

| I just main marth cause he has a sword and swords r cool

| Yea, >>e8e9f9 is right, just pick whoever u like the most

| >>e8e9f9
Wise words here. I main Robin too, and I always fall back to him when I want to get comfortable, but I occassionally play other characters too. Changing up my approach by playing a completely different char is fun.

Just, play whichever is fun for you. If you're good at someone but don't like the playstyle, just switch it up.

| >>630442 Yeah you're right... I think I really do need to stop worrying about that and just for it and see what works; thanks for the advice though! I actually do have alot of passion for smash and want to be a competitive player just... always had a trouble of choosing a main.

But yeah, I guess that's plan 1 then, trying to not worry too much about what others think.

| >>630489
Yeah! Fuck 'em. I mean, one of if not THE best player in the world mains Jigglypuff, the most hated of the melee characters. I feel like that's enough motivation to not care.

| >>630501 Heh Hungrybox aye? true, can't fight that argument

| >>630504
Yeah. The real homie.

| Just be luigi

| >>630560 but Luigi is major cuck energy

| >>630446
And I main girl Marth because tipping culture is actually bad for restaurants.

| Having mains is stupid. Play what you want as much as you want. That a "pro" doesn't have skill on a character doesn't mean it's a bad character.

You can always check your stats to see who is your most played character, you could say that's your main. Maybe you agree to that.

| Having mains is stupid. Play what you want as much as you want. That a "pro" doesn't have skill on a character doesn't mean it's a bad character.

You can always check your stats to see who is your most played character, you could say that's your main. Maybe you agree to that.

| Having a main makes it easier to improve, instead of having to learn every matchup with random characters you learn "my character does well against these characters"

| Having a main makes it easier to improve, instead of having to learn every matchup with random characters you learn "my character does well against these characters"

| You choose a main based on your favorite gaming genere or series

| You choose a main based on your favorite gaming genere or series

| >>630590 shut
Tips r great

| Find a character you enjoy playing, even if they are "low-tier". I main Game and Watch and I have a ton of fun playing him, even though he's the lightest character. His random and almost chance like play style really appeals to me, and his animations are a good mix of weird, funny and cool for me. As Reggie once said, "If it's not fun, why bother?"

| it's literally just down to what character you like and/or what moveset feels the best to play with, play around and see who's the most fun for you

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1582914309

This thread is permanently archived