danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Nippon Ichi Software/日本市

| Nippon Ichis Software are amazing developers in my opinion. The only games by them I've played are Disgaea 5 and Labyrinth of Refrain (which I just bought and have barely had the time to play), and I think they are great games, and I really love their style. The fact that you can go so insanely in-depth into the systems if you so desire is awesome and I enjoy the story, writing and art style they have/use.

What do you g/u/rls think of them? Got any favourite games by them?

| Oh, uh, apparently this site doesn't have a lot of Japanese characters so the rest of the name got lost, and I didn't spell it correctly in the first place. Sorry about that.

| No opinion on nis, but nisa the American branch who does the localizations for a lot of games are trash just like their localisations

| Nippon ichi is like Haruki Murakami of video games.
You play one game and like it, you play the second one and you like it. You play the third game and realize they're literally the same thing.

| >>617373
*laughs hysterically*

| >>617373
Well, yeah. That is kind of true, though I wouldn't say they're the same. They just use a formula that works. I mean, Super Mario is pretty damn popular, and the side scrolling games in that series are just the same platformer but with a few new little things here and there added with each installment. If it's good it's good.

| They're the same shit, yeah. Also grindy to all hell, with mostly fucked plots that derail at a blink of an eye and cannot hold a cohesive tone whatsoever.
I'm just in general not a fan of JRPGs but this is so far away from my alley I couldn't get through more than 20 hours in Disgaea.
Combat is nice though, I guess.

| It's Japan First, not Japan Market. 日本一

| I like them as a dev. I like Disgaea and Soul Nomad. I'd admit that they need to overhaul their graphics as if we look at Trails of Heroes series, they went from RPG maker to 3d graphics and got more popular. But at the same time, their current formula is working just fine.

NISA as a publisher, however, is a different story. They butchered AR Tonelico 2's localization, IIRC some japanese texts are untranslated and they left a game breaking bug with one of the boss fight.

| With their own game, they ported Disgaea 1&2 to PC and jumped straight to 5. I know that the story isn't that related in Disgaea Series, but it still bugs that I can't play Disgaea 4&5 on PC. And then we have them removing the online feature in Disgaea 5. Also heatd that they changed some stuff in the Legend of Heroes game.

So yeah, as a dev NIS if good, as a publisher, they are kinda bad.

| >>617383 can't play disgaea 3&4 on PC.

| >>617380
Yeah, I know. I fucked it. That's why I said >>617275

| >>617379
I kind of enjoy the grinding to be honest. I usually prefer games that are more skill based then grind based, but sometimes I just need a game I can grind to all hell, and these games are perfect for that.

| >>617384 wasn't 4 on the way to Pc together with Switch?
Anyhow you can play 1 to 4 on a Vita, maybe there are emulators?

| >>617384 wasn't 4 on the way to Pc together with Switch?
Anyhow you can play 1 to 4 on a Vita, maybe there are emulators?

| >>618252 Vita3k can only play 0.6% of Vita games if the site is accurate so that's not really an option right now

| >>618252 Vita3k can only play 0.6% of Vita games if the site is accurate so that's not really an option right now

| >>618252 I'm pretty sure RPCS3 can run disgaea 3, but with Disgaea 2, I have 3 different save files because I played it on 3 different platforms. I don't want it to happen again with any disgaea game, so I'd much prefer if they properly release it on PC.

| >>618252 I'm pretty sure RPCS3 can run disgaea 3, but with Disgaea 2, I have 3 different save files because I played it on 3 different platforms. I don't want it to happen again with any disgaea game, so I'd much prefer if they properly release it on PC.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1579607212

This thread is permanently archived