danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
master race gamers, how do you manage your storage space

| pc master race they say
get an ssd they say
> 70GB for each modern AAA game

| By not playing modern AAA games.

Even if I did, I have 6 months rule, in which if a large game is not being played for more than 6 months, it should be moved to external HDD or be uninstalled.

| > By not playing modern AAA trash garbage junk
This.

| A couple terabytes of space should be the norm for a gaming rig right about now, no? If you really have troubles with it then try writing a list of what you'll want to play in the near future, while everything outside of that list goes on hold until you've cleared some space.

| I was constantly struggling with space so I finally splurged on a 4tb HDD for all downloads and low priority games and a 1tb ssd for games that I want to load faster and I play a bunch.

| >>612678 nier automata was good excuse me

>>612670
> 6 months rule
this sounds sensible. I don't really wanna splurge on extra storage for the sole reason that had I gotten a console instead I probably wouldn't need to spend on a drive since the game come with its own storage with their purchase (for physical games)

| >>612704 though I must say I like this approach as well.

| 2TB HDD.

I'm not really sold on ssd's.

| >>612870 faster loading speeds

well it's more like, once you tried it HDD speed feels like torture

so you shouldn't. good for you

| >>612723 but with consoles, you'll be most likely spend extra 10-15$ per game (assuming you buy games on steam sale and you play AAA games); Not to mention the online subscription. just dish out 10$ per AAA games that you buy and you'll get enough for 4TB external drive once you hit you 10th game.

Disclaimer, I don't live in the US, so idk the price range of 4TB external drive. I managed to buy one at around 100$ in my country.

| Only download the games you will actually ever play. 60 percent of my steam library isn't installed.

| >>612988
Why do you buy games you don't play?

| >>613020 not her, but sometimes they are just so cheap that you ended up buying games that:
A. You only have slight interest in
B. You think you'll play later

I bought phantom brave because it is from the same dev and look similar to disgaea and ended up not playing it because I haven't finished disgaea 2.

| >>613028
Spoilers: you don't finish disgaea by design.

| >>613029 well, it's all about personal goal. Most people's end game in disgaea 1 is to beat baal, but mine was to get a rank 40 weapon and max it. At that point, I could technically do NG+ (because I was in etna mode) and beat baal, but I was too lazy to do that.

With disgaea 2, my personal goal is to step my foot on land of carnage (which I have done in Disgaea 2 PS2 but not in PC)

| Deleting Overwatch :^)

| >>612668
AAA games are shit. Why are you even playing them in the first place? There are very few AAA games worth playing, you should have no problem sparing a few hundred gigs to the worthwhile games. If you're struggling to get below 300 gigs, then you're playing the wrong AAA games.

| >>613301
>There are very few AAA games worth playing
you say that like I play fallout 76 or something. you don't know what games I'm playing lol

| >>613301
AAA is shit, my opinion is right
M8, that ain't helping, you're just showing your transcended tastes gamer cock to everyone, and it ain't impressing anyone

| Op buy like 2tb hdd, they're like 60 so you miss one AAA game and it's paid for

Or pay like $120 and get a 1tb ssd and enjoy never being slow

| >>613385
I think I'll just get the fastest 4TB hdd I can get. I'm a hoarder so data piles up really fast and 1TB won't do it. SSDs should stay as a boot drive until they are more reasonably priced.

| >>613396 dude I'm become a data Horder too but I'm also broke let me know if you find some good cheap dives with or without shucking

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1577386171

This thread is permanently archived