danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ever Feel Like the Only Nerd Around?

| So I'm a nerd and go to University. I have a handful of friends, about 5, but none of them enjoy my nerdy hobbies. 2 will play games with me and 1 of them likes anime, but doesn't really watch anymore.

I wanted to get into D&D after seeing stuff online, but don't have any friends who'd be into that.

I feel like the only nerd in my entire city. Any of you g/u/rls have the same issue?

| Not really. Different people has different hobbies/interests. Some are nerdy on comic books, some are nerdy on sports and so on. People don't share the same hobby with you doesn't necessarily mean they aren't nerds. I believe one day you will find a group of people that love to play d&d with you.

| No. Not at all. While I feel like nerds are definitely the minority here, all my friends (to except one) is into nerdy shit and I'm part of a non-profit group thing that sets up nerdy events and activities and shit for whoever wants to come, and we're doing pretty well. So no, I don't have your problem, but I do know the feeling. You'll just have to find the right people. When you finally do, you're set.

| Kinda same. Though alot of my friends have a game or two/type of anime I can usually always count on them to be down for, it's very difficult getting them to branch out & do something like slower paced or just different in general. & it's not like I'm trying to get them do things they obviously don't like or 180° their norm but its like nothing I do holds their attention & yet they expect me to be excited about doing the same thing for the 207th time. Rant but kinda related? IDK~

| >>596401 I get what you mean. My one friend likes games, but only ever wants to play CS:GO, and loves Ghibli movies, but refuses to branch into other anime like FMA or even other anime movies, like the Girl Who Leapt Through time.

Its like I want to play games with you, but I'm sick of Dust 2, and I wanna talk about more than the same handful of movies.

Total number of posts: 5, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1568553023

This thread is permanently archived