danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Pokemon Gacha

| So Pokemon Masters is out. I'm surprised it took so long for a Pokemon gacha game to come out. Pokemon is like the perfect kind of series for it.

Haven't played much of it yet, but so far seems like par the course for gachas. Nothing too special. It's got an active time battle system

| People unironically want their fav game franchise to shit out a gacha game, so that they can be charged for doing things that cost nothing in the original game.

What a great time to be alive as a game publisher/developer.

| For real, it seems like every company has a gacha game now, especially Japanese ones.

| The only gacha games I like are the ones who don't habe microtransactions and that pretend that they're not actually gacha games(like Xenoblade 2)

| >>592859 well, gacha has a pretty similar business practice with live service games, and that's the trend in the western market. Plus, because the target market of gacha is more niche than the western market, they get less backlash from it. People either play gacha games, or not play it; there is no strong campaign to constantly expose/condemn gacha games like what the youtubers do to live service games.

| Then again, just like live service games, there is only so many people that can play it and one person can't have more than 24 hours per day to play. Most people will only play 1 gacha game (maybe 2 if they no life it); meanwhile, game franchises is flooding the market with gacha games. I'll just wait until they cannibalize each other while I play my single player games.

| Well, I summoned three five stars really early on so it's now automatically the best gacha game lol.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1567097245

This thread is permanently archived