danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any good RTS Recommendations

| Hey g/url/s I need some RTS that are similar to DOW 1 and that are not the macro-reflexive cancer of SC2 any ideas (fuck top 50 best RTS games lists)

| Isn't RTS as a genre pretty much dead?

| I'm not a massive RTS fan, but I love C&C Red Alert 3

| Gonna say first off I never played DoW 1, so I'll just list ones I own.
DoW 2 is pretty good. DLC is too expensive. Apocalypse Mod actually still has a good few of active players.
Supreme Commander 1 and Forged Alliance. FA alone has 711 players RN on Steam. It's also on sale for 2.59 USD until the 25'th.
Company of Heroes 2. Not my cup of tea, but decent. 4.5k players on steam RN. People complain about DLC however, but it is on sale atm.

| RA2, AoE2, and Dune 2000 are my favorite RTS games.

There's also one old RTS game called Submarine Titan iirc. Can't say I really like the game but it sure is rather unique and visually impressive at that time.

| Rts are dead lol. Go play warcraft or something.

| >>589514
no.

To OP:
Armor Clash 3 seems to be advertising itself as being moreso on the oldschool C&C side of things, if that is any closer to what you are looking for.

It Stares Back looks to be SP focused, but has a really neat Cosmic-Horror Witch-Synth aesthetic going on. Gameplay seems quite unique. Voice acting is also top notch.

Zero-K seems interesting, and is likely a more direct recommendation. I have never played it, but it seems neat. And free.

| >>589405
I'd say Age of Empires 3 is better than Ao2. Bit more polished and less micro-management.

| Oh yeah I totally agree with the AoE3 being more polished than AoE2! It's just that me being an old fart and kind of refuse to play AoE3.
Also I have never played RA3 at all, wonder how is it like compare to RA2...

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1566113426

This thread is permanently archived