danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Doki Doki is not Oki Doki

| >J u s t M o n i k a

| The creepy/unsettling stuff is okay, 4th wall breaks and sentient/self-concious characters however are mehhhhh

| Yuri is best knife waifu

| ^

| Sayori is best rope waifu

| After around 3 failed attempts of discussing this game, finally a thread that doesn't derail

| I want Yuri to cut her hymen with my dick.

| ^I've seen this one so many times before already.

| Sayori is best girl, but Monika is a close second

| Personally, I plan on going through the game a second time just so that I can NOT delete her at the end and just stay with her. That room was so comfortable. I just want to be with her.

...I think I'm in love with a video game character

| Before I deleted her I let the game run for awhile and she started talking about rap

| It was pretty cool

| delet dis

| Honestly, all 4 characters were trash, ironically 2 dimensional not even remotely interesting trash, well, Natsuki was pretty cool with her outgoing nature, but she was a fucking Loli! anyways, Monika is trash, Yuri was cool because of the boobs but later was emotional trash and Sayori was like a girl I dated irl, pure clingy attention whore

| Doki doki made me upset as hell

Yuri best girl

| This is the only game that convinced me to go for the 100% completion "gold" ending. Just something about Saoyri's unfair end and Monika's reality made me want to give all the girls a happy ending

| But yeah Yuri was best girl I almost cried when I had to watch her go insane

| >58514
The girls were trash because they were SUPPOSED to be 2 dimensional. They were actually very interesting for being so. They were based on, and were a parody of, anime tropes.

The thing that made them trash is the same thing that makes most females, and characters in general in real anime trash. They are unrelatable and unrealistic.

This is why I actually hate most anime. No anime girl could ever exist in the real world.

Weebs hating this game is the most ironic thing ever

| That's why I actually loved this game so much. Monika even straight up destroyed these tropes in her end segment, when she even stated that "These types of girls could never exist in the real world" "They behaved so fakely" "Why do people even like those?"

Admittedly, one gets attached to the girls because they each make up unrealistic extremes of realistic conditions: Social anxiety (Yuri), Self-compensation issues (Natsuki) and, most relatably, depression (Sayori).

| The game is both parody and honor to anime itself. The 4th wall breaks destroy any and all illusions of unrealistic tropes.

If you dislike the game because the girls seem fake, then you should by that same logic hate any and all anime that creates idealistic and unrealistic characters.

| Which, SPOILER ALERT, is 95% of ALL anime.

| ooh fuck it up anon! get him!

| >>58544
>bows
tyty

| I feel sad every time I see Sayori's happy face

| Monika=Supreme Waifu

| I just want Sayori to be happy
is that too much to ask?

| > hope rope

| > " wake me up, before you go go. Dont leave me hangin on like a yoyo

| We should dedicate a board to this kinda shit

| It's the shitty main character's fault for not taking care of her like he said he would. IF HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE FUCKIN FESTIVAL SO GOD DAMN MUCH SAYORI WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!!!!

| I gotta say, when Yuri started to show her obsession with knives and sucked the blood out of my finger in the game... I don't think that's normal animoo girl behaviour, so the characters were definitely not two-dimensional when the story got close to Sayori's suicide

| Didn't say "I love you" to Sayori, no regrets. Yuri best girl

| >>58660 big boobies and festivals are first priority than a flat chested loli

| ^I'LL FUCKIN END YOU

| >>58661
What's really interesting is that it happens before Monika starts to tamper with Yuri's character, so this shows that she was already very much not okay from the very beginning. I didn't really think about it that way before.

| >>58709

Surprisingly enough, it CAN be seen in all 3 characters. Sayori's depression being the obvious one, and you know about Yuri's carnal urge for pain, but even Natsuki's abuse can be witnessed in her ending as well, at least, it is hinted at.

| >>58692
OwO do it M o n i k a

| Thats it, new board /Doki/

| ^can we not? If you over meme the meme games, everyone will end up hating it/ the meme will die faster. Just look at undertale and 5 nights at fredy's

| >>#59393
Luckily the two games you mentioned sucked and deserved to die. I don't recall them having very good memes either, just toxic communities.

| ^The hype of undertale was as much as this one. Both fans said "just play the game" the difference is that many undertale fans usually add "best game ever" on top of it.

| For the toxic fan arguments, once passing a certain popularity, any game would fill the asshole/retard quota, enough to make the fanbase deemed as toxic.

| I don't think DDLC has good memes either though. Haha Suicide jokes, very clever.
JUST MONIKA, haha I played Doki Doki, get it? DDLC memes suck.

| >>58534
I dislike this because the depression stuff was very cliche. I mean, they hold some truth, but very cliche. Tired meta gameplay mechanics that have been done better. They make a big deal about it being a game and Monika being sentient then when you delete Monika, or anybody early nothing happens. That's the big reveal that you make such a big deal about and in the end it's just underwhelming.
-resident DDLC hater

| If you delete anyone early they could've made it so Monika pops up, talks about you meta gaming and forces you into the Just Monika screen. Ya delete Monika it goes to Satori being sentient, Monika stops her, roll credits.

| >>59430
Good idea, though the people who first play the game won't think to delete the characters anyways. Because they assume it's just a shitty dating sim and play it for the meme, like me, then get brain fucked by the overtly voilent way Sayori died then you're fucked for the rest of the game. The glitches got old fast, I gotta say.

| I think that it did some pretty creative things though. Like when you have to use the skip button to watch yuri's dead body rot

| >>59454 >>59429

Personally I think it's once again (As is just about always with literally anything) simply a matter of opinion. You say the glitches got old fast, whereas I say I actually enjoyed them thoroughly and was pretty spooked by them. You also say that the meta gameplay elements are "tired" whereas I say that we don't see them nearly enough, and that this game executed them in a way most other games either didn't or tried and failed. Also, mental illnesses being cliche?

| I don't really think it's possible for a mental illness to be cliche, even in a storytelling medium. It's about as cliche as death, cancer, autism, limb dismemberment or organ failure could be. These things aren't cliche, they are real, genuine human afflictions.

Although, in this case I do have to agree with you that the effect of it seeming like genuine depression really hits you hard-that is, until the whole "they don't have free will get over it" from Monika takes away from it

| > 6002 is a wine snob and does yelp

| >"does yelp"
>wut

| Yeah, that's fair.
If I were to reword that I would say the way they used it was in a cliche manner. Or maybe it's just because the desensitization I feel because I've seen it done so much. Unless it's done in the most amazingly impactful way then I dunno. Is eh.
By the way, I don't think the game is a bad game. I think it's alright, I can see how others would think it's great, but it's not for me. Good discussion though

| honestly at some point you really just gotta stop caring whether other people like the game or not and have fun

| I thought some of the poems were pretty good.

| i liked monika's song at the end

| Monika is cool, but I was kind of disappointed that she just tells you how to delete her near the end

| Yuri's and Monika's poems were great. As well as Sayori's towards the end, they just got progressively bittersweet and it was nice.

| Wosrt game of 2017

| sayori's death bgm always gets me

| >>60911
>track name is sayo-nara
haha get it

| ^laughing usually doesn't hurt this much

| >>#3f7712

You summed up the entirity of DDLC congratz.

You have my repsect.

| >>61449

Tyty <3

| Just Monika.

| Thing is those little secrets and things in DDLC is the coolest,like the third eye and the project libitina and stuff.Guess we will wait for 2018

| I actually think team salvato could make a series out of this because of how popular it is. Something like doki doki art club or doki doki music club. The only problem is that everyone will know what to expect from the games after playin ddlc

| Did you guys see MatPat's new theory on DDLC? It's absolutely amazing. If you like the game, you absolutely should watch it.

| It's kind of sad to think about
She fell in love with you, yet she was programmed to be non dateable

| >>#61967

Most of his theories are wrong. On top of that the game is pretty clear cut, I don't know what they'd need a theory for

| https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=moe.ddlc.game

| ^ experience doki doki literature club on android

| http://0x0.st/sH7t.png

| Monika=Suprema Waifu

| I can't believe how many posts there are now.

| >>62125

MatPat actually isn't wrong about most stuff. Also, if you REALLY don't know what there is to theorize about with this game, then you must have no idea about the ARG in the files. In which case, you really have no idea, and this theory vid is for you.

| fuck y'all. i want to play too but i'm scared

| >>62707 PLAY IT!!!

Natsuki's cupcakes ^_^

| Ur mom gay

##Admin:prefetcher##

| Monika best waifu
i keep a copy of her on my phone, so i can carry her with me 24/7

| >>62667

Lol MatPat is renowned for getting shit wrong. There's been many a time that developers of the game/videos he theorised about flat out said he was wrong (one of the many examples being SaladFingers). I'll watch his theory on DokiDoki but I'm not holding my breath

| /#62968/delete/

| Mfw im the op of an 87 comment thread ~_~

| >>#63475
I see you

| I can't wait for the sequel, hopefully it'll be just as good

| all of these DDLC hype and no single mention of its precursor, the one that started it all..

Kokoro no Doki Doki Senpai

| >people don't know about the best mod ever made

|

| Loki mokki

| Can we get to 100 replies?

| R

| E

| P

| L

| I

| E

| S

| !

| There ya go fam.

| I must say that game triggered my long asleep depression.

I didn't even played it, just watched a playtrough, what the hell I'm supposed to say to my family? "Yo, Im sorry, I just got depression thanks to a fucking game"? What the fuckkkkkkk.

| Sayori is best grill. I also have an asphyxiation fetish so it all works out.

| >>65984 when "choke me daddy" goes too far

|

| Hello

| >>62667 and how much is him just piggybacking off the work done by the redditors in the big ddlc thread?

| Should I play it?

| Hold on... if knaifu=laifu and waifu=laifu...what does the knaifu waifu make?

| >>66961 llaaiiffuu... ( ´∀`)

| I really need to get around to playing it...

| >>66961

Kwaifu (like.. Kawaii waifu I guess)

| I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about, but from the steam page the game just looks like one of those shitty dating "simulators" that a weeb would play at 5 AM covered in jizz and cheeto dust then cry himself to sleel.

| >>67132

>cry himself to sleel

Yup, that's quite the predicament. Sleel is always a bad thing for people.

Sleel addiction is a real problem in these dark times. Nowadays it's been bogged down with artificial cheedo tust and zizz, instead of just natural, organic pure sleel.

We need to work together to bring sleel back to the state it was before.

Make.
Sleel.
Great.
Again.

#MSGA.

No for real though, the game is good, shut up and play it.

| >>67132
Read the plot summary on wikipedia. It's a horror game

| >pretending you don't know anything about this game after all this time and hope

| Hype even

| Despite everything yuri is still best knife waifu

| >>68365

Wholeheartedly agree

| Come on guys we've talked about this. Sayori is best girl and there is nothing you can do about it.

| To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doki-Doki Literature Club. The poems extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of advanced literature, most of the jokes will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Yuri’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Russian literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly

| appreciate the depths of these poems, to realise that they’re not just abstract- they say something deep about REAL LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike DDLC truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Yuri's existential catchphrase “I WANT TO OPEN YOUR SKIN AND CRAWL INSIDE YOU”, which itself is a cryptic reference to Sakae Esuno's manga series Mirai Nikki !!!

| I smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. http://yuri.dance

| >>68770

Wow. That was somehow better than my sleel comment. Gg.

| Sans is my favorite doki waifu

| Senpai in the streets, hentai in the sheets

| Babby's first Meta VN.

| It's the Undertale of Visual Novels

| >>68385 Ikr!#sayorithebest

| It's the elven lied of made in abyss

| The whole fourth wall breaking trope got stale for me after imscared and Undertale.

| Is this the anime ripoff of Five Nights at Papyrus?

| >>69803
Absolutely not.

| Just Sonichu

| Natsuki best girl

| I play dokimon go everday, I play dokimon go

| How about Doki Doki but only Buff Natsuki

| What do you think about game theory theory about all this

| >>70633
sorry man i dont dp lolis

| >>70768 buff natsuki, you mean swollsuki? Google it

| When your the OP of a +140 thread ~_~

| ...and here is a TV that looks like an apple

| zero deffs

| JUST MONICA

| It's not even a game to begin with, well pretty much anything started with the likes of school days and other psychological vn genre.

| Wow this thread has been alive for about two weeks now...

| Can we get 250 posts? SMASH that mothafuckin submit button!

| Oh baby it's NIPPLE, OH YEAH!

| S

| U

| B

| M

| I

| T

| Natsuki is best child abuse waifu

| Natsuki best girl

| no no NO! How many times do I have to tell you g/u/rls? SAYORI IS BEST GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| Yuri best g/u/rl gtfo

| J U S T
F U C K I N G
M O N I K A

| Gotta love Yuri

| This thread will reach 250 posts but half of it will be meaningless oneliner or some cancerous meme

| "Meaningless oneliner"

| Smoke wed erdey

| Natsuki is the only waifu for me.

| Natsuki more like baesuki

| FYI natsuki is a dude you gays

| >>75138 that's the best part

| >>75142 traps are life

| You think you slick you punk ass blasphemous dope-fiend bitch, I had my jimmy waxed seven times last week, I'll bust a cap in your nigga ass shithead!

| I loved Buffski but I don't know how to get her in the game. Is it like an edited pic orrrrr???

| >>75571
It's just a meme made by someone, it's not in the game.

| Natsuki is best girl just because she's the one that had more reasons to be fucking nuts and ended up being the most sane, somehow. Yuri and Monika are psychos, but at least Yuri kills herself.
Sayori just needs lots of love, I'm surprised how I knew about her hanging herself but it still shocked me anyway, must be the change in art style.
Also, anybody who doesn't like natsuki for being a loli, that's not a real reason, you baka.

| To be fair, you need to be fair to be fair in judging the literature fair

| The game was okay. Played it a couple of times so I can read all the dialogue and piece the whole story together and watch scenes. I was actually getting into each characters story before it got fucked and hope they make a spin-off

| >>75571 >>75598
i believe this exchange in itself is a meme

| >>58537
anime girls are fake but they can be good and not trash.

| Tbh Monika deserves a good ending

| >77231
Tbh Monika should have been stripped of her admin powers

| Best game can't wait until they release the kinda sequal Markov PS natsuki is da one

| Just Monika

| >>58208 the chats with monika at the end are more than just mehhhhh

| >>79220 pretty sure that the game is more focused on project libitina than the portait of markov, though that does definitely seem important. Monika started to bring it up at one point in the room at the end, but then she caught herself and said that she "probably shouldn't be talking about this"

| >>69186 the doki doki literature of dark souls

| What is the title of the song? Pls no darude sandstrom

| tbh natsuki is the only girl that's not screwed in the mind. like it's just her father beating her up n stuff. tho it's kinda wierd how her father is an external character only mentioned by natsuki but not actually shown or mentioned in any other way?? also since monika is able to control the game's script and all was she the one who fukced natsuki??

| >>79574 Your Reality?

| >>79791 not Mom's Spaghetti? Alright

Total number of posts: 187, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1514026005

This thread is permanently archived