danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Sword and Shield looks like shit. Gamefreak deserves the hate

| But brigaders will buy the game anyway

| Sad truth

| We already had a thread to talk about this and at this moment is active. More threads will make us look like fools so please let it rest (at least until the other thread is gone or update it lol), we have good arguments to attack or defend but "deserve the hate" is not right for anyone.
Sword and Shield backfired the problem Game Freak was building since the jump to 3D and I doubt that was the first shot to their own faces.

| >>579565 that's how Pokemon have been working,forget about fans and call new people in, then forget about those new fans and call new people. Oh wait its our anniversary, let's call some old fans and let's drop them again.
Happened to the people who loved GB games, happened to the people who loved GBA games, happened to the people who loved DS games, now it is happening to 3DS players. In a few years Pokemon Go community will go angry too for something. Cycle of life they say.

| This happened with Final Fantasy aswell, that community is really splitted between Old Vs New Vs Newer Vs Online Vs Spin-Offs. Whenever Square Enix makes a FF move everything will be wrong (that's why they have to make new RPG franchises). Game Freak is following this same issue, except Game Freak never got a game considered a modern revolutionary masterpiece or they never risked changes in a good way, so it will be a lot harder for them to fix anything.

| I'm gonna buy Sword and I'm gonna have fun playing the game with a team of new pokemon and raiding with my friends. It's almost like there's no such thing as a product that will appeal to everyone on earth!

| They probably will never try to fix this because the hype marketing makes on the franchise sells a lot more than just making up to date games. People who watch the anime won't even be mad about missing Pokemon because guess what, they have chances to appear on the anime so they are not losing anything, they have anime, they have plushes and cosplays and no company has failed them.

| >>579725 I really hope you enjoy with your friends what others can't enjoy anymore!

| >>579725
I'm joining you g/u/rl

| >>579727
What's stopping them? Inability to enjoy a video game that doesn't conform to their exact expectations? I feel sorry for them if that's the case!

| >>579760
I play pokemon for all the utter flaws it majestuously does not hide.
That's probably why I buy this tbh xD

| >>579760 kind of yes. But with Pokémon normally expectation has a very low line. The problem is that with Sword and Shield the line is even below that level and Game Freak's support towards that line are as weak as Masuda's words "Some Pokémon can't live in this region".

Another problem is that the line was already near to that level with previous games and people are starting to realise. They are asking for portable games with more content than GBA games. Less is sacrilege.

| They took away the second region, I didn't complain
They took away the slot machines and I kept quiet
They removed the battle frontier and I was a little mad but still ok
They reduced the dungeons and I was slightly annoyed
Then you couldn't rematch trainers
Then they backed down from horde battles that had made training for competitions a breeze, no problem
Then they ditched secret bases, twice
It's been downhill since gen iv
This is kinda the last straw

| >>579789
I guess I just don't get the sense of entitlement that makes people think it's up to them what a game developer does or doesn't do in the product they're putting out.
I'll buy the game, I don't really care whether anyone else does or not. I'm just tired of people spewing vitriol over something as mind-bogglingly unimportant as whether or not their favorite fictional monsters show up in a video game.

| >>579793 tecnically secret bases was one of those exclusive game features but ok.
>>579794 as you see everyone complains on everything ditched because Pokémon has hundred of ways of being played, is not just Pokémon's quantity but that's one of the Yenka's tower strongest piece. I think the major problem is that some Pokemon do return. If they pulled a second Let's Go maybe people would have kept quiet for two more games.

| Remember that Pokemon builds on friendship with your team, would you really drop on your older best friends for newer friends? The usual answer would be "keep them both". Yeah it's fictional but fiction can be powerful to some people, humen needs fiction in some form to keep going forward. Game Freak tries to sell Pokemon as pets, why wouldn't be people be bonded to them in some form?

| You nerds are mad about a children's game? WTF?
Go play a real Men's game like football or wrestling and leave the electronic toy for the kids
Oh wait, Karen took yours because you're all cucks

| >>579861

This bait is so bad that you should feel bad.

If you really want to butthurt OP you should tell her that you're going to buy and play Pokemon Sword & Shield.

Btw OP: Gonna buy Pokemon Sword & Shield. <3

| >>579866 you're right
I'm gonna buy the children's game and play ot whole, maybe give a copy to my kids too

| >>579868

Hell fucking yeah my dude.

Nothing like watching our kids enjoy this shit like we did when we were their age.

| >>579724 I mean... that goes with almost any franchises that has been around for more than 10 years.

Fire emblem fans are split between people who like it pre FE: Awakening and Post FE: Awakening. The same with SMT since SMT is getting influenced by Persona.

| >>579794 That word again. Entitlement.
A company answers to one person and one person alone, the one who pays the bills. Consumers pay the bill and they are the ones who's voice matters. So yes, consumers are entitled and the company has to listen. Maybe their strategy is to completely ignore a market section and go for another? It worked before and it might work again.
But dont use that word again, every company that went under laughed at the entitlement of its consumers before.

| >>580017
But 20-something nerds aren't the target consumers for this children's monster collecting game. It's the children who couldn't care less about the features that you, as someone outside the target demographic, feel entitled to.
Those children will ask their parents for the games, and they'll get them for christmas, and GF will continue to be profitable.
The company has no obligation to listen to or act on your complaints and to claim otherwise is really silly.

| >>580032 you've never seen the Pokémon competitive scene if you think it is for kids...
I mean it's turn based for fucks sake, unlike stuff like CS and Overwatch you don't have to retire for getting old because your reflexes get slower

| >>580033
The pokemon competitive scene takes a game for kids and uses ridiculous rules and restrictions to overcomplicate things so the players can convince themselves they're doing something that takes skill.
Just like Smash hey-oooo

| >>580065 the competitive scene doesn't have many dumb complex rules, unless you are dumb and play by smogon rules, that are unofficial(or at least were last I checked, if that changed then I agree with you 100%)

| >this entire thread
bruh

| >>580091 this is a bruh moment

| I think it definitely looks different, but I don't believe that different = shit. Sure, I've never been a big Pokémon fan, but I've played and enjoyed it in the past, and I'll probably pick up Sword or Shield.

Yeah, there's a chance you can't get all your old Pokémon, but if you want to play with your old Pokémon team then just play the older Pokémon games. Personally I don't see the fun in playing with the same team every game, but I get the sentimental value.

| If having your old Pokémon is required for you to enjoy a Pokémon game, then this game just isn't for you. Just don't buy it and wait for them to make the next generation where they'll most likely have every single Pokémon due to all the backlash.

| The catchphrase is literally "gotta catch em all"

*" If having your old Pokémon is required for you to enjoy a Pokémon game, then this game just isn't for you."*

Lmaaaaaoooooo

| >>580245
Do you get the sentimental value ?
I've spent more than a few thousand hours at gen 3, and a good part of that is hunting Pokémon, never used cheats or whatever the fuck.
I found it fun so I just did it.
If you're gonna tell me those thousands of hours mean nothing in the next gen, of course I'm mad.
If I can't somehow make those hours translate to the next gen, they're lost, and I don't like this idea.
>>580249
There is no backlash at all.

| >>580307 most people who are ok with it probably never played Pokémon to begin with
When ypu actually play Pokémon for reals you know there's a special bond you form with those clumps of data that you simply can't let go of

| >>580311 I mean in this context I have Pokémon who belong to my father and even some Pokémon from friends I can't no longer contact with (and if you read what trainers usually say are shit like this, is not the players's problem to get bond to them) and some shinies people would randomly give on the GTS which I really apreciate. Some event Pokémon with irl events that are no longer held.

| Funny because it's been 1 or 2 years since I last payed for Pokemon Bank so probably they deleted all my info after a while and everyone is gone lol.

| >>580307 >>580311 >>580335
I get that you wish that you could bring that over, but as I said just don't buy the new one and be content with the old ones for now. Remember that they don't owe you shit.

They definitely benefit from appealing to long time fans, but they have no obligation to. If Sword & Shield turns out to be as bad as you make it out to be it won't sell nearly as well as the previous games and they'll realise their mistake. Just be patient and wait for the game.

| >>580345 I mean, marketing is the only thing obligating them, or else they would take their time. Talking from me, I don't complain about the lack of older Pokémon in Sword and Shield (I think the game has some other major problems like not being a new Pokemon game but rather a new Edition like the past 2 generations), the problem is not there, the problem is about making a new paid service, so you have to pay twice and you risk not being able to play with these Pokémon for a while

| >>580345 that's not how it works with Pokémon, most sales are on release week and most people don't even read reviews for Pokémon(remember "too much water"?) so the game will do relatively well even if it's bad

| >>580357
It's like paying for a Demo, a teaser, that's more or less where the responsability of Game Freak must be. I wouldn't complain if they weren't releasing the service, but they are doing so, so they HAVE to offer something usable.

Also this is the only way to "backup savegames" as NSO doesn't allow Save Cloud on Pokémon lol.

| >>580358
No. It's not like Nintendo ignore sales after the first couple weeks, and, well, y'all are judging it by the trailers and showcases, which most people watch.

| >>580370
Never watched the trailers tho.
I'll buy the game, alright.
It's gonna be good, alright.
I'll still play older Pokémon games even with all the flaws they have, game breaking sometimes...
I'm gonna enjoy it, but I'm gonna miss something.
Those pixel creatures that don't even weigh a kb of useful data are still gonna appeal to me.
But I'll miss being able to transfer my work from the past gen.
Literally, only this I'll regret.
And I won't ask they make my dreams come true.

| It's not just about not transferring pokemon. It's also about the lack of effort put into their so called "High Quality Animation™"

| >>579866 OP has a penis. Why are you referring to him as a "her"?

| >>580933
Because this is Danger/u/, where everyone is considered female, even if they have a penis.

| >>580944 are you assuming our sex? OF COURSE we are female, don't give me that shit that there are guys pretending to be g/u/rls

| >>580955
I didn't.

| > EA screws up
> Fans rage
> Everyone agrees

> Bethesda screws up
> Fans try not to rage
> Rage eventually
> Everyone agrees

> GameFreak screws up continuously
> Fans finally get mad after years of cut features and dumbed down mechanics
> Everyone else says:
"it's just a children's game, you shouldn't care about it, it's not for you"

Shit gurls, I'm also a paying customer even if GF decides not to listen I should still voice how I feel

| >>580944 Hmmm... Pretty sure that's not how it works.

| >>581694 look up the rules, there are no boys.

| >>581696
Yeah. That's exactly how it works. Like, literally the number 1 most important rule of this board.

| Wow they really fucked up with Let's Go, I went to sell my Pikachu copy to a Cex and they almost didn'r get it because they already had a lot in stock.
Not even casual players are happy with the games.
Sure they may still buy the game but once they finish the main game they'll get rid of it, like the majority of AAA games. So good job Game Freak for becoming the very thing you sware to destroy

| >>581936
Didnt the lets go games sell record numbers in the states and just do mediocre in japan?
People returning their games doesnt hurt nintendo/gamefreak/tpc at all

| >>582177 it doesn't, if so I wouldn't sell some of my games lol, but something like this happened already around Black & White where people got bored and tired (only if they knew the yearly releases...) , the few who bought them didn't even finished the games, and I bet a boost on those games happened because the need of it to pass Pokemon to newer generarions, there is a new portion of people who will abandon Pokemon.

| >>582187
>there is a new portion of people who will abandon pokemon
The sad truth.
I've been with the series since gen 2, and I figured I'd be a lifetime fan.
They realized sometime around the end of x/y that they could release anything, with or without actual content and people would buy it.
the producers unironically believe that people now dont have the attention span to finish games or care about postgame content.
I dont wanna be "old good, new bad" but theyre making it hard

Total number of posts: 54, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1563936695

This thread is permanently archived