danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Shin Megami Tensei V - Atlus and the too early reveal

| It's time for SMT shitposting. Persona is welcome but it shouldn't take over the thread.
* What would be the reason for Atlus to reveal V and post literally no content anywhere? Was this also like this with SMT4?
* Do you find any of the games annoying? Did you give up on the neutral ending after realising you need to fulfil every, single quest to finish the game?
* What was your last SMT game you've played, how long did it take?
* Would you like to see Nocturne remade? On what sys

| I hope to have news on SMTV soon, maybe it's taking long because they're making all demons in 3d models this time around?
At least I hope they're making all demons in 3d models, especially the more phallic ones

| Just be patient gurls.

And by that I mean throw your hope and expectation into the sea. Better to be pleasantly surprised later.

| >>572324

>Reason in early reveal
It could be anything, really. They might just not want to lose relevancy after SMT IV: Apo and keep the fans occupied with "something". It could be be that they are underestimated the task to port 3d models of 100+ demons to unreal engine. It could also be that they are trying something ambitious.

Iirc SMT IV wasn't this bad, rumored 2011/12 and released at 2013. It is just that the gap between smt 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 can already tell you that

| ... that smt v's E3 trailer was announced to early. If anything, fans that get hyped did it to themselves. I mean, they needed 3 years gap to work on smt iv: apo and both of those games are in the same system and use the same engine. This time they have to work from scratch.

| >annoying
The "beat these demons in x turns" thing in smt iv were easily the most annoying quests ever.

>neutral ending
Neut ending was fine, I overgriended and it was too easy. Hoped for harder last battle.

>last smt
DDS2, took me 50 hour-ish, iirc

>nocturne remake
Yes, please. On PC, but knowing atlus they won't do it.

| Since it is going to run on a new engine, it is probably going to be quite the daunting task. I qm sure theyre diligent.

| I don't really care that they teased it early. It'll probably be good, so it's worth the wait.

Last "pure" SMT game I played was SMT IV: Apocalypse. I really enjoyed it, but for some reason I just kind of stopped playing.

The last SMT game I played was Persona 5, which is easily the best RPG I have ever played. I played it for 45~ hours, but my whole PS4 got wiped. Now I'm only like 10 hours in, bu I'm excited to finish it when I have the time and health to do so.

| The last SMT game I beat is SMTII and honestly mainline wise I feel V is gonna have to be incredible to beat it.
All three routes have good endings and Neutral is only harder due to having to fight multiple bosses.
A true open world experience that rewards exploration.
Each side character given very good reasons for their ending.
Having to win a disco contest to progress.

Damn why hasn't this game been remade for the 25th anniversary Atlus?

| >>7f0e51
Damn now i wanna play 2.Played through 1 and never got around to 2. And yea this shit is too niche to get a remake sadly.

| >>26f658
I highly recommend it if you are willing to get a guide out every now and then to not frustrate you to hell. It even fixes most of the issues 1 has....most. late game dungeons are still horrible to run through

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1561414377

This thread is permanently archived