danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why /v/ is so abandoned?

| Are /u/ losing interest in videogames? What happened? We are about to lose the last thread we have while other boards have more than 10 with over 50 answers.
(I got a better starting message but I had to write it 3 times because "captcha yolos", I had to ask 3 other people to make sure what I was writing was right and it looks like we all are machines lol)

| I could make a thread about Virtue's Last Reward. Started to play it after I ended 999.

Thing is, we had my 999 thread just recently. Don't know ir there will be much else to say.

Might point out some little coincidences, make a joke or two and see if the g/u/rls have anything to say. Can't promise anything else.

| I think we just haven't found an overlap of games that a lot of people like? The What Are You Playing thread has tons of answers but a lot of them are different.

Are we... Too diverse??

| >>571252 think people need to just talk more. That or everyone is just too busy playing video games to come by /v/ and comment.

| With a few exceptions, the video game industry is kind of disappointing right now. The hardware short of VR has reached its peak, and most AAA studios are shitting themselves over with drama, mediocre games, corruption scandals and the like.

Speaking for myself, I'm thoroughly burned out of gaming, having been a gamer for more than twenty years.

I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 though.

| I'm having trouble playing recently. I tried booting up Xenoblade Chronicles, but even though I really like it so far, I just want to stop playing at some point. So it's gonna take a while to complete...

| Play some indie games, maybe some older ones. Butcher, Hollow Knight, Iconoclasts, RIVE, Golden Sun for the 5'th time, or one of the other 8 quintillion RPGs for the SNES, GBA, PSP, and Vita. You also have a more moddable classic DOOM with GZDOOM source port, so try out Russian Overkill.
Something else is to try and get out of common genres. Play some more niche stuff like Raiden, Aurora 4x, Chariot, Garrison Archangel, OpenXCOM.

My point is, let the current industry burn.

| About 999 and the part where she talks about glycerin. Isnit true?

| >>571529
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/961351-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/57582553

As for Ice IX, it exist, but doesn't fit the unmelting description. Ice VII, X and XI melt at higher temperatures, 50C° to +350C°, but require higher pressure levels than regular ice.

| >>571535 >>571529 Baki is inspired by this event. Being true it's not how it went, it just people forgot how glycerin worked before, but it never changed.
About Ice-9 (used in 999) is not the same as Ice-IX, it was a fictional invention that melts at a different temperature than common ice and it can kill any person that eats it. Still fictional creations are sometimes helpful to the real world's theories.

| I meant the glycerin crystals tho

| >>571653 The URL. That's what I found.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1560785926

This thread is permanently archived