danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Should I jailbreak my Nintendo Switch?

| I want to be able to still buy games from the eShop, I wouldn't contribute to piracy in that mean, I just want to mod Botw and Skyrim and use some utilities like retroArch (which enhances older systems like n64). Should I risk my system being ban? Now there are supposed ways to "hide" kind of activity, but that doesn't guarantee a 10% chance to be ban (Don't care about NSO because up to this day I never felt the need to pay to play Online with randoms because I have no friends xD)

| Contributing to piracy on non-free platforms isn't really a bad thing.

| System ban on the Nintendo switch is a full CDN ban, no system updates, no software updates, no eShop etc

| Honestly not worth it sadly, consequences are too high for mods

| I also want to do homebrew shit on my Switch, but I'm just going to wait until another Switch lands in my lap, migrate my shit to that, and then hack the old one. Until then, I just have to be patient.

| Not worth it, wait for a steam sale to get skyrim for dirt cheap and use an emulator for BotW
I love the Nintendo switch, but my modding needs are sated only on PC where I don't get banned for doingn8t

| >>565371 I already have Skyrim on Pc but I find it confier to play on Switch. I also tried to emulate Botw with mods, but it's really hard to configurate, if I want 60 fps in the overworld I have to face shorter loading screens (something good) but over 150 fps on menu and inside shrines and it's pretty much unplayable. My Pc is noisier and more unconfortable to play than Switch

| As long as you make a NAND backup and stay offline, while modding, it should be fine

I'm just not sure how you'll Switch between your backups, after an update

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1559238690

This thread is permanently archived