danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What if VA-11 Hall A served coffee instead of alcohol?

| Would you still want to visit? Would you still love Jill? What kind of clientele would you be serving? Would you still care about their problems? What kind of blends would be served?

| There is a game about that.

| There are TWO games about that.

Or, well, there are going to be. Check out Necrobarista and Coffee Talk.

| I don't drink, so I'm not the right person to ask probably, but I don't think it's going to change much?

| >>563527 You can't get people drunk.

The idea of using coffee as a conversation medium sounds well and all, but the atmosphere surrounding it is too calm to be interesting, generally. Alcohol opens people up to even those they are less likely to trust. Their heart becones visible. That's the charm of a bar. I don't see a coffee shop being able to bring the same authenticity from a client.

| >>563526 This getting out of hand.

| I would honestly love it even more

| >>563607 me too
>>563558 you can't get them drunk, but there are some fancy blends that get people high or intoxicated, the day we had that coffee was the least productive day in the whole company, they had to ban that coffee in business hours

| >>563558 I'd say I have to agree. Particularly because I don't feel coffee meshes well with the cyberpunk setting and its generally anti-capitalist overtones. While coffee, on the other hand, seems to play right into the tropes that cyberpunk is satirizing.

Maybe that's just me and my opinion is bizarre, but when I think about the artistic choice behind using one beverage over another, I can't help but think that way.

| >>563865 Coffee in an urban setting definitely doesn't sound interesting. If it's set in a lazy town near a highway or coast though, that makes it sound much more comf.

| >>563865
To be fair, there's a difference between corporate asslicking NeoStarbucks, and say, a quiet hole in the wall in the undercity serving honest old fashioned brews to dedicated regulars.

| >>564057
Huh, yeah, in my city there are three kinds of coffee shops: the small holes with Aesthetic, AC, Music, sometimes books, usually where the college kids hang out, and then there's the makeshift street-side shacks where manual labourers take their drink.

And then there's the famously overpriced Starbucks.

Coffee has plenty of varieties.

| Good idea, i think

| just imagine that no one is going to sleep for a whole night, and BAM! you got the result.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1558813882

This thread is permanently archived