danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
This board is now a Epic Games Store Exclusive

| Maybe a discussion thread about the whole EGS thing? I'll say what i think about their launcher instead of just saying how exclusivity sucks

I would even use EGS if it wasn't so shit, spyware? it was debunked already:
https://forum.facepunch.com/general/bvnqr/Epic-Games-Store-Is-Shit-But-It-s-Not-Spyware/1/

Anyways, what i feel mostly annoyed about their launcher is the resource hog that they are and their security, it doesn't seem that we are even allowed to change our email..

| We have to contact consumer support to change our email and they doesnt seem to have a token 2fa which i would consider to be way more secure than email. And for resource hogs it seems that everything is rendered with a browser (Electron?) and they look like they have a fuckton of javascript shoved in due to how slow they are, oh yeah even your fucking library is rendered by a browser and i believe that the game page used for launching then are also rendered by a browser. Discuss

| I won't use it either way, it's still shitty, has no review system, doesn't let you play while offline

And now you gave me a new reason to avoid it, it uses Electron it's almost as bad as if it was spyware it chugs your ram like Google Chrome and the more Electron apps you use the worse it gets since each app wants to devour your ram separately

If any store was to take steam's crown, I wish it was GoG because it has no DRM

| Boy I wonder how this thread is gonna fare in tech. The gurls there will teat it down.

I'm no fan of Epic Store either. Downloading takes one milliom years.

| Epic Store? More like Meh Store.

| It will always be Epic's launcher, another of thousands launchers out there.
How can I trust Epic if all days I'm receiving emails that someone tried to enter two of my registered emails (Years ago I wanted to check Unreal Engine, the only good thing Epic had). It's a same some developers don't care about how the consumer is treated, they just want a consumer, angry or not. Do they really deserve the attention they don't give to us? Of course not.

| I don't like having to O have another launcher since I already use Uplay, Origin and battle.net but I use those launchers to play the games made by their companies. Unlike Epic which are just taking games away from other platforms.

However I will have to buy at least one game on Epic. The new game buy the guys who made hyperlight drifter because I can't miss that game.

I'm also excited about borderlands but I'll wait for the steam release on that one

| There is no game that can possibly make me install the wretch and support epic. Hopefully they will go bankrupt throwing money around like that.

| And OP you've used a wrong indefinite article in the thread title. #grammarnazi

| >>549675 epic isn't taking any games from other platforms, the devs are moving their games to epic

| >>549701 they're moving with the help of "financial incentives" you wouldn't send your game exclusively to a platform with a higher profit margin if your sales would decrease as a result, unless you're getting paid for it

| >>549714 yep, and the devs are being collusive with all this.

| >>549714 Epic would be nothing if they hadn't pay literally all companies to promote Fortnite, last year it was absurd how even shows like Big Bang Theory had to talk about it, because all of this forced promotion.

Have money and companies will come to you as bees to honey, at the end $$$$$$$$ is what people live for even if it's wrong to do so.

| My take on it: I, as a consumer, will use Epic Store when, and only when, they give me, as a consumer, a reason to *want* to use their service, not strong arm me into using it by controlling the supply. In other words, when the consumer experience rivals or is better than its competition, I will use it. Until then, I will not use it, because they have not given me, as a consumer, a reason to want to do so.

| I am pretty much on steam side. But when I look at pre-order schemes, season passes and abandoned early access; those are some shitty practices, yet people have mostly accept those as long as they get to play their games (yeah, they leave negative reviews, but they still pay money for it).

Looking at that, I won't be surprised if a large portion of steam users switch to epic. People don't care how bloated the launchers or lack of feature the store is, as long as they get the game.

| >>549400
>Destroyed

I have not tried the launcher yet but imo is it that much of a big deal? If you disable it on startup the only thing that does is occupy some disk space, which might be a problem for some few people who don't have much space.
I like the fact that they pay significantly more to the the devs than Steam.
Plus RDR2 will be coming to PC!
If you go to reddit r/gaming everything is "I'm gonna pirate Red Dead", "Valve good, Epic bad".

| >>549400
>Destroyed

I have not tried the launcher yet but imo is it that much of a big deal? If you disable it on startup the only thing that does is occupy some disk space, which might be a problem for some few people who don't have much space.
I like the fact that they pay significantly more to the the devs than Steam.
Plus RDR2 will be coming to PC!
If you go to reddit r/gaming everything is "I'm gonna pirate Red Dead", "Valve good, Epic bad".

| >>549515 why do you suggest not starting with IX

also nice to see that more people can finally experience the 2nd to worst FF game

| Fuck wrong thread

| Also for my 2 cents exclusivity deals are always fucking stupid and you only lose with them. There is nothing good with exclusivity deals and the people who made the game don't gain anything from it. All the do is lose potential customers and in the long run gain less money.

And that goes for console exclusives aswell.

The only people gaining more from exclusivity deals are the console manufacturers and the company that owns the store where the games get exclusivly put on

| >>549909

Honestly, console exclusives at least make SOME sense, since porting can take up a lot of the company's resources, especially when we're talking about ports to PC. Plus, PCs are a lot less "uniform" than consoles and it's hard to adapt to any kind of build. Like, there's a reason why most PC ports are bad and it's not just the devs' laziness.

PC store exclusives are fucking bullshit though.

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1554982498

This thread is permanently archived