danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I Miss Pre-Rendered Backgrounds

| What happened to these? They made enviroments so unique and distinct back in the ps1 days, now environments are just textured corridors, or filter reliant grasslands.

I know fixed camera angles can he annoying, but c'mon I can't think of even one single games in the last 15 years with pre-rendered backgrounds.

| Depends, pre rendered backgrounds were nightmarish to me in ff7
Too hard to navigate around
Now in classic RE games with the tank controls it worked nicely

| It's probably because they don't really look that good, and it's easier to make a game look good without them.
Also, as you mentioned, fixed camera angles. Nobody wants fixed camera angles. I agree with anon above that it worked for RE, but that's about it.
Fuck fixed camera angles. I want to be able to see things properly please, and it's nice when the things I see look good too.

| For me, fixed angles in RE work... sometimes. RE1, left side dinner room, second floor. When you enter the from the main hall 2F, you can choose between two sides of the room. There is a zombie in the middle of them that you can't see, but the characters could. Always hated that zombie, he's annoying.

| >>544682
Stuff like that is pretty clever though, and 100% intentional.

| >>544683 Someone really wants me to turn that zombie into a crimsom head.

| Fixed camera angle can work reaaally well in a horror game.but tbh I'm not sure if that's true or just the nostalgia talking.

Pre-rendered background definitely speaks of a certain era. It's probably difficult to utilize well using today's 3D tech.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1553910504

This thread is permanently archived