danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Best vidya game reviewer?

| For me its angry joe cause he gives good detail and skits to emphasize his opinions.

| Big fan of Super Bunny Hop and Matthewmitosis

| Caddicarus

| gggmanlives

| ACG is a guy i like. Hes good for short reviews. You gotta find a reviewer you share opinions with. Personally i cant stand angry joe. Mandaloregaming reviews older games and its good shit. Raycevick makes good content where he looks back on games. joeseph anderson makes some good reviews too.

| Easy allies

| Steam reviews
THERE'S NO FUCKING ELSEWHERE WHERE YOU CAN GET A RECIPE FOR A CAKE THEY FUCKING SAVED MY LIFE 3 TIMES

| For a second I thought you mean writers reviewers and not video reviewers

| Brutalmoose, but he's moved away from games. :(

| Honestly yeah steam reviews are some of my favs. Theres the funny jokes sure but theres genuine stuff too. Sometimes i see online reviewers and sites like meta critic etc and just think theyre not the average player. When the review is made by some random schmuck on steam, sometimes that sense of "hes just like me" can really pull at something and can be a greater review you than some comedy review bullshit like angry joe. Fuck him btw

| TotalBiscuit :(

| >>542786 agree with this, I just wish that there is an option to ignore all reviews made by certain meme reviewers, you know, those checkboxes and ASCII reviews. I hate them, it would be great if I can ignore the users who posts these kind of review.

But if we are talking about video reviewers, probably superbunnyhop and joseph anderson. I like their reviews and style, too bad I don't play/ don't care about majority of games that they reviews.

| Angry video game nerd

| >>5c7d00 this

| Never watched AVGN or totalbiscuit. Also you know the curators on steam? Cant fucking stand those. I always find curators like "Doge reviews" or "nep nep reviews" and all sorts of other bullshit. They just take every game on steam and write the exact same thing and its fucking annoying. The curator system needs to be removed or overhauled. Just looked it up, critiquing doge is one. Just a short stupid "very wow" and a 1-10/10. Useless and autistic.

| >>542918 the worst curator was the "is it fortnite" tha would leave a negative review on every game saying "it's not fortnite"

| >>542918 nep nep nep nep

| >>542816 you kind of can filter them, just say you find them Good, Bad or Funny to help Steam and stop complaining

| It doesnt always work. Some negative reviews have only positives to say. I sqw a negative review where some bloke saod it was the best game of the genre he had ever played

| Snesdrunk is the only reviewer I follow.

| >>542793
I really do miss John. I still can't believe it. I always wondered what it'd be like for these ecelebs to pass. People have never been closer to entertainers then now. The answer is weird. It fucked me up for quite awhile and even now thinking about his death upsets me greatly. It feels sad and impossible that I'll never see a new upload. But I never knew him.

1/2

| >>542793
>>543204

It just feels surreal I guess.
Inappropriate almost? I really have no right to feel so upset, I was no one to him. But it pains me deeply regardless. I've never cared about a celebrity passing really but I guess when people make content that in a way is a substitute for conversation, connection happens despite the fact that it wasn't interactive.

2/2

| >>542941 yeah, I know I can vote, but if a lot of people rate meme reviews as "helpful", then they will appear as the top review and there's nothing that I can do about it. My one "not helpful" does nothing.

I don't ask them to be removed or ask people to take vote seriously. I just ask for a way to ignore all reviews from some users.

| Hardcore Gaming 101

| Mandalore Gaming is my personal fav

| Nitro Rad

| Donkey

| The Completionist. He completes games, and reviews them on both how good the game is and if it's worth completing.

He's also just an amazing dude who judges games fairly and doesn't use the usual 1-10 or 1-5 scoring systems.

He instead goes in-depth about his personal experience with the game, the process of completing it, how the game rewards you for doing it (if it does it at all) and what kind of person the game is made for.

Absolutely love his other channel too. Great dude.

| Velberan

| Not enough support for Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation

| >>548a06
At one point overrated but at this point underrated. Watched a recent review of his the other day and I was shocked at how great his writing still is. Hasn't declined even slightly. I sorta forgot about him and assumed he got worse with everything else from that era (AVGN for example), but I was absolutely wrong.

| I like the Before You Buy series.
If you don't mind written reviews, check out RPGFan for anything with role playing games and Nintendolife for anything on a Nintendo console (and they have a more leveled rating scale).

| Videogamedunkey

| >>542571
I have a good friend and his name is Dazz
He got his name from that washing powder Daz
I went to see him one day and he gave me a game
It was all about a mouse and that same mouse's name was
Cheesy
His name was Cheesy
AAAAH
Cheesy
This video is about Cheesy
Dazz you're an asshole

| >>543839 is this a rap?

| >>542552 The best reviewer is you once you learn how to rate things objectively

| Total Biscuit. With how he is, I bet he's still making reviews for god in haven. But I make do with AJ now.
>>543205 Surely you have every right to feel as sad as you do. I understand from the memorial cooptionals reviewing was the biggest part of John's life. His content surely had an impact on our lives.
I ended up as much as crying in public upon hearing the news (it was shocking for I wasn't following the latest news about TB).

| >>544380
It was absolutely shocking to me too. He implied he would die that year but the week prior he had gotten surgery to improve quality of life so the assumption was he had at least months. I really didn't believe it when I heard.

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1553929268

This thread is permanently archived