danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Games that don't fuck your hands and are chill when sick?

| I'm sick and have tendonitis. Are there any video games I can play? It would make me happy.

| Platformers generally do not require anything but finger movement.

| Jrpgs and turnbased strategy games comes to mind.

| Pokemon is great for this. You should also try out Reigns.

| Also, I never played it before but I think TellTale games are good for this. I'm pretty all the player does is hit a nunber from 1-4.

| If you're fine with turn-based RPG, try Epic Battle Fantasy (3, 4, 5 are on steam. 3 is free).

It's not grindy and the battles take some tactics, but it's not hard at all.

| Final fantasy 6

| Ff6/Chrono Trigger/Any mainline pokemon game

The gba fire emblem games are also pretty chill

| Into the breach
Turn based strategy from FTL developers
Olso you can try FTL, it can be intense but active pause is your friend

| >>539036
Reigns is awesome.

>>539159
I've heard a lot about this one. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Biggest problem with JRPGs is that the grinding is mostly just spamming one button, which fucks me up.

>>539000
I would love some good visual novels, but most are Windows only, and I don't have anything Windows.

>>539014
Platformers are pretty nice.

| Wargroove!

| Devil May Cry 5
Jk

| Stardew valley

| >>539386 I'm pretty sure most VNs works with WINE. Katawa Shoujo also has a native Linux version if you haven't played it already.

| Hypnospace

| Turn-based games like Rpgs would let your hands rest well between times
Also you should try to contact people with tendonitis too, there's gotta be some adapted controllers, there are for disabled people, I know its not the same but still there's always alternatives (maybe eye-readers can help you to reduce the work on your hands)

| Fire emblem

| >>539426 Steam also released a fantastic compatibility tool recently, anything like a vn should run easily.

| Xcom and Persona, that shit will sink all your time

| >>539426
I ain't on Linux. I'm worse than that.

>>539718
I'm not sure you understand how tendonitis works. It's basically your tendons being over worked.
Due to having to use iPads in school and controllers for gaming by thumbs and a little bit of the rest of my hand hurts to use.
As you said, I'm not disabled. It just fucks me up to hold a controller, and sometimes a mouse too.

| >>539804 WINE works on macos and bsd variants too iirc

| Most turn-based or strategy games,i'd suggest Fire Emblem Awakening personally

| Just in case, play Va11 hall-a.
>>539159 also try Front Mission 3

| >>539804 I based my answer on post like this in the past on Steam or Reddit about tendonitis too, I don't know if there is different levels or something, but I know people who have this know solutions better than us in /u/ (the more people the more knowledge)

| AoE2HD

| >>539808 OP is trying to say that she has TempleOS. RIP OP, we'll be praying for you.

| >>540081 TempleOS is the best OS ever

| >>540083 it could use more visual novels.

| >>540031
There's many different variations. I have a friend who got it in the legs once. I'll check around though. Thanks!

>>540081
I wish...

| >>540081
Ah, yes I too watched Fredrick Knudsen.

| >>540156
>I wish...
Ok, it gets intresting. Let me guess. Is it haiku?

| >>539808 this is correct but of note is apple refuses to add kernel features for wine and refuses to support Vulcan so it's much worse with compatibility than wine+Linux and probably worse than wine on bsd

| >>540447
Yeah, I think I tried Wine once now that I think about it. Fucking sucked.

| Op btw

| Osu!

| Phone games. Can lay in bed and relax.

| Downwell baby, grab a controller and just. keep. falling

| >>540983 Very funny.

| City builders are always great. Any of the SimCity titles or Cities: Skylines are great. You can be as active or inactive as you like and watch your city grow. Perfect for when you're sick.

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1553317930

This thread is permanently archived