danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Thoughts on MTG Arena

| To be honest, it looks kind of limiting. If I'm not mistaken it's just a standard simulator with fancy graphics. While it's definitely cheaper to play than paper MTG, it seems a lot worse gameplay wise.

| It's pretty great, in my experience. As a casual player who puts no stake in physical collections and their resell value, MTGA is an inexpensive (free, even) way to play standard. The biggest thing is that you can play Draft essentially for free.

I don't have the time or desire to drop money and gas to play draft at a game store, and I get limited use out of the physical cards because friends get busy. You basically play MTG to play more MTG. Solid deal.

| I don't see how it's "a lot worse than paper MTG."

| >>525943 because there are no physical fucking cards! And because of that there are no mechanics related to them, that could make fun in unoff games.
PS1:(btw does cheating counts as a mechanic? :thinking:)
PS2:(but yeah, it doesn make MTGA *A LOT* worse than original)

| >>525943
Because it's just one gamemode (two if you count draft). It's also got a lot less cards. I see those two things as rather negative.

| >>525951
I think you forgot your /s there, g/u/rl. The only physical mechanics I can remember are things from Unglued/Unhinged, which were stupid, gimmicky and not serious in the slightest, so we can discard those. And no, cheating isn't a mechanic.

>>525971
I'm only interested in standard game mode, so that's fine by me. Wouldn't call it worse than paper magic, this IS the main mode here.
And yeah, small amount of cards sucks, but we'll get more eventually.

>meany mccoy below

| >>525971
Let me rephrase that a bit, I think that the "main" mode, i.e. standard, is not worse, it's the same as in paper MTG, so that's fine by me.
And the amount of different sets will most likely grow in the future, although we'll probably only get new ones. But old ones wouldn't even matter if we're talking about standard, so there's that.

| >>526134
Yeah, and that's kind of my point. It's not really MTG as a whole brought online. It's just standard.

Sure, if you're only interested in standard, that's great for you. But for all the players who enjoy other formats, it kind of sucks that they won't be able to participate online.

Like, I'd love to play commander online, but commander with only the currently standard legal sets sounds boring as fuck.

| >>526131 cheating is an intended mechanic, and the ultimate test of skill

| >>526154
Cheating is legal as long as you don't get caught right?

| >>526353 if a desu falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a "KUYAAAAA!"?

| It's ad annoys me on youtube. Literally on every 3rd ad I have to hear this fucking song and watch this fucking ad

| >>526614
I was writing the exact same thing

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1549195649

This thread is permanently archived