danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
the fuckin PC competitive FPS market is dead for me help

| Ive been playing shit like R6s, Overwatch, CSGO, and have been sick of all of em bc of not community, but the games overall suck. Bullshit hit registration, constant uneeded balancing from devs, and the appeal to pussies (good boy meters in Overwatch). Unless there are actual gud FPS competitive fuckin blood rushing games out there. PC comp market FPS wise is donzo and its sad since I love the idea of military tactics with cool ass guns. Not running around like a toddler lol.

| Like im just chillin with other games like monster hunter, yakuza, MKX, XCOM, SC2, DOOM, etc. Looks like comp shooters are like plagued with faggotry

| The first person shooter is dead, mate. Competitive or otherwise. You're better off playing oldschool Q3/Quake Live (and even Quake Champions)/UT2004 et al if you want a "competitive," or even decent FPS now.

Wait like ten years for the genre to be revived by indie developers.

| >>523430
Or play fucking DOOM. The multiplayer there is shit, but the main game is incredible. Wolfenstein series too.

| Insurgency is pretty neat, too.

| Competitive games in general have been dead for a long time now, streamers and kids made sure of it

They are no more centered around the thrill of beating another team and seeing yourself improve but around the thrill of shelling 200 euros for 10 lootboxes and advancing through and opaque leaderboard with silly ranks

Check other shooters such as ARMA, insurgency, verdun/tannenberg etc., they are free from the general clueless fps crowd who only plays battlefield/cod/overwatch

| >>523446 Just install a bunch of mods to change any part you hate about the multiplayer.

| I second DOOM, despite how it makes me sound like a fucking boomer.

| Arma is alright but I cant seem to get into it, insurgency is also p cool because of the gunplay. DOOM is my favorite fuckin game of all time

| FYI, there are a shitton of Arma servers that are dead. I see sovietwomble do kewl shit on arma but besides that idk whats goin on. At least the faggotry is stuck in shit games lol

| >>50e313 Simple, when they appeal to high level competitive players and elitist like you, they'll piss a bunch of casual and normies. At the end of the day, more players bring more money.

| Squad is ARMA-lite. Might find something competitive there. Requires phat ass pc cause my 970 and i7-4790k can't even run it since the last update. crashes pc on launch cause it's too beefy.

| TITANFALL 2! mechs, parkour, and guns
PLAY IT

| >>523430 Is Quake legends worth playing? I saw it got released and it seemed like they were trying to reboot the series.

>>523553 Squad is genuinely a really well made game. It deserves more recognition imo.

| Welp, you can thx shooters popularity for that. People dont want to play anything but shooter and alike. Some dont even think that someday they will lose any interest to em. And so one game dies after another. With each game you get more tired until ure finally done.
I have this good friend who wants to play only shooters with me but im so done with this - i want to have fun. Want to play rpg, platformer... anything else. But he just have no interest in anything else but shootets.

| >>523420 hit reg is extremely hard to make feel good and fair because lag compensation

A lot of players stop playing and then see an update and hop on to see what changed so with no updates you'd have the community think the game's dead

I don't see anything wrong with overwatch's thing I'm pretty sure people can't see the number and it generally just shows what you're good at, make good calls you'll get leader et cetera

| The problem is in the title. A competitive game will never be a good game, if a game at all.
You are the reason why such games are dead, because you are the ones who wanted to transform games into sports. So enjoy the shit you encouraged.

| >>524049 ehh I'd say that helps the game to survive, look at StarCraft games basically dead if it wasn't free now and high level tournaments

| >>524237 Games that don't evolve aren't supposed to survive indefinitely.
StarCraft has no reason to survive since there is nothing new, yet people keep it alive like a weird zombie. That's not what I call a good point.

| >>524315 the reason for games to survive is because people enjoy playing them

| >>523683 seconded, titanfall 2 is easily the best shooter on the market right now. not many people playing but it’s just enough to get a match when you want to. the single player campaign is also fucking god tier

| >>524319 And yet people don't enjoy playing esports games. They are just addicted to competition, but considering how crazy they get about the game they aren't enjoying it. They aren't playing anymore, they are just trying to win. That's not the same.

| >>524464 I mean I enjoy playing them so your first assumption is wrong

| >>524559 Would you still enjoy the game in a professional setting (you literally get paid to play the same thing 9-12 hours a day and you have the pressure of getting fired if you're not advancing your skills enough)?
Or do you perhaps enjoy competition itself, regardless of the game?
I may be a bit biased anyways. I think it's great that you like it, but personally I'm getting pretty sick of all these ranked games and hoping for more friendlier co-op things like MonHun (World).

| >>524621 I don't think I'd personally enjoy playing at an esports level since I actually lean towards single player games

By nature I'm not particularly competitive against other people, only myself, so I enjoy being able to make a good play or simply get more kills than a past game

Having saying that, I also don't take competitive games anywhere near as serious as many others seem to, and it helps I love to mess with overly salty people as well

| >>524654 That makes sense. Of course there are several levels of playing competitive games and I'm glad you can enjoy them in your own way.

Tbh, I'm pretty much always the overly salty/serious one (can't seem to help it), so I tend to avoid most competitive multiplayer games. There's enough going on in my life, getting mad at games (or stupidly repeated unfunny memes among the playerbase, honestly) just isn't worth it to me.

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1548536468

This thread is permanently archived