danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is WarThunder actually good or is actually just another low-effort cash grab?

| I dled last night and got an hour or so in, doing tutorials and fights with bots. "Point-and-click" mouse controls disappointed me to no end, but I realize that it's the most precise control mode for firing and if I wanna "git gud" I'll have to use it. I really wish I was wrong on this one, so if you had achieved great-ish heights (pun semi-intended) with a controller, please respond
Oh, and how's the game on higher ranks? Does it become bullshit p2w? Only interested in air battle

| I played it shortly after its initial release and the first updates made it pretty clear that getting late era/fancy aircrafts were purposely made to be grindy without giving money, so I cannot imagine how it is now with whatever content and subsequent number of upgrades and new stuff they added.

As a rule of thumb, steer away from any "F2P" game. If a F2P game isn't a cashgrab trap for dedicated players, its company would have gone bankrupt long ago

| I have put nearly 1,000 hours into it and I can say. For low tier tanks and planes it is worth it and pretty fun. Though that is how they rope you in. Then you get into the grind. I would stay clear of anything above tier one. Because after tier one the grind starts and it is relentless. Even with 1,000 hour. I just started to get Into tier 4 stuff with alot of tier 3 stuff to go. Good for maybe 100 hours if that. Play something else though.

| Play World of Tanks or World of Warships instead lole.

| >>523786
those are even worse lole
plus a dedicated aerial combat mode is nice

Total number of posts: 5, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1548222405

This thread is permanently archived