danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any Ace Combat players?

| Not gonna spoil, but fuck that was a good story.

| I want to try out Ace Combat because it sounds like absolutely my thing. But then it also absolutely isn't my kind of thing, so I dunno.

Any game you recommend for newcomers? My PC probably can't handle 7. I got a PS3, PSP, and 3DS.

| >>523130
I'm in the same boat as you. From what I've gathered by taking a brief look around the forums, the best course of action would be to start with AC4, AC5 and AC0 (in that order). If your PS3 is one of the backwards compatible with PS2 ones, you could try that. Or try emulating with PCSX2 on your PC, by I've heard it's pretty taxing on the system.

| Is AC7 a good starting point (gameplay- and/or story-wise)? Never played them (except one on a PSX demo disc), but the PSVR support is tempting me.

| >>523182
Pretty sure AC7 has a buttload of references to AC5, but gameplay-wise it should be completely fine.

| Fuck all y'all console nerds playing it early while I have to wait with my thumb up my ass until Feb 1

| Can't wait for the PC release in February.

| The vr mode is super satisfying to play in imo even if it makes me feel sick

| When it opened up calling me mobius 1 I was already sold

| >>523052 Thanks for recommending AC(7). I'm enjoying it so far, much more than I expected to.
I expected it to have a more CoD-like "Oscar Mike Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" kind of "writing", but it's refreshing to have these little story bits with actual decently consistent human beings instead of walking (or flying) gun turrets.

>>523791 You're giving me pretty high expectations for the VR mode. I'm curious if it'll be a fun romp or a ride on the Vomit Comet for me instead.

| For what it's worth: I tried the VR mode of AC7. Made me a bit lightheaded during some tight manoeuvres, but it's really intuitive and immersive. Heartily recommended for anyone who can try it.

| Idk if anyone would be interested, but you guys are more than welcome to join our discord server if the series has hooked you like it hooked the rest of us :)

https://discord.gg/KYX5Zqz

| >>524143 if you take the vr one mission at a time it should space it out enough to not get sick. Also don't do too many fancy maneuvers until you're used to it lol

| >>524900 But I _like_ doing fancy things, sickness be damned! It's way too fun to barrel roll and corkscrew around stuff while going full throttle the entire time.

Now I only have to get a PS4 compatible HOTAS :p

| ACE Combat ?
Have heard about it.
Fighter air combat game

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1548590344

This thread is permanently archived