danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Where to start playing Etrian odyssey

| My cousin died, so I took his 3ds and decided to take the opportunity to get in to the series, not sure where to start though. Should I start with the Ds games? The remakes of those games? The lastest one? or should I wait for the one that comes out in February?

| Not sure why you needed to slap in why your cousin died if that was something we needed to know before hand but..sorry for your loss? I've only played etrian odyssey V and i didnt feel lost or confused as it went through a breakdown of the mechanics and explained the lore. To me V was a good start for the series but someone with more knowledge on the series may know more about starting off

| >>514067 obvio7sly to turn it into darksouls

| *obviously

| As someone who beat 1, 2, half of 3 and most of 5, I'd say go straight with 5. It's got some nods to the previous games that you might miss, but those are just tiny references and aren't that important. It's the best game in the series, IMO, and the best place to start.

| Oh and yeah, I've heard some decent things about the Untold games, so if you'd like a bit more story in your dungeon crawling (but it's still gonna be just a tiny bit), go with those.

| Don't start with Nexus. It's basically a cross over of the previous games.

Otherwise it doesn't really matter. V is the most polished, but you'll be fine with any of the 3DS games.

Also, yikes, that opening sentence.

| >>a610fa >>99654c k thanks
>>903346 it was an attempt at dark humor

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1544785871

This thread is permanently archived