danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why do people like nier automatas story?

| Whats so great in it? There's literally no time to get emotionaly attached to anybody cause they rarely even talk

| Because the story is about more than the characters but the world itself? And also what? 9s never shuts up

| >>577273 did we even play the same game?

| >when you only play through route a

| imo what makes nier automata so great isn't the story itself but how the things that happen in the story affect the characters

| i kinda dislike that most of the people i know stopped after the first playthrough because they expected the story to be finished

please play the shit out of the game - there are so much reasons to like this game!

| >>e3078f
and how the game deals with reflections on meta levels

so much stuff submerged in the design - all that stuff about humanity, AI, being humane, love, passion, natural vs artificial

| >>514044
this
>>513933
play more faggot
finish endings B and C/D at least, then make a thread

| >>514073
Yea Im kinda gay but I played through most side quests and all three main endings. I still don't see anything except 8th grader philosophy.

| >>514126
I mean, you're definitely exaggerating with it being 8th grader stuff, but anyway, it's really well-executed though, and the way the characters react to events or interact with each other is also absolutely great.

| I hated playing as 9S so much that every time I had to play him it felt like a chore and I would frequently stop playing when I had to play him. That's also the only reason I haven't played through the game (all endings) a second time

| Nier is hella good

| it's another "I don't understand what's so good about this piece of media and therefore I must validate my opinion from others and sugarcoat it as a question" thread

| You didn't like it. Get over yourself. "8th grader philosophy".
Ever thought of not being an asshat?
Go play something else and stop whining, you cunt.

>>514407 Agreed.

| >>514504
Lol. I'm not whining I just want to know why do people actually think that it has a good story.

| Alright, time to talk about my personal experience with the game.

| The whole story is actually in front of you th whole time. Going through main quests, you already know that machines can feel and think, Adam and Eve just look like us “androids“.A2 saying commander betrayed us,you know something is wrong. Then you play the side quests, YoRHa Deserters, the android with the model E. Deep down you know the whole story, YoRHa is a not simple. You are just like the scanners and battle units at first can't see the truth(blindfolded).

| Then as the story progresses, you know what is going on, but you deny it just like 9S “you're just thinking about how much you want to **** 2B,aren't you?” obviously the word is fuc- I mean kill.You knew 2B is a model E,there is no 2B,only 2E, but you deny it just like 9S and at last you finally gave in to the truth(9S no blindfold) and 9S has gone mad. 9S wanting to save 'androids' but want 2B as well, he denies till the end.But you are now as woke as A2,so that's good.

| Then to the 'philosophy part'.Purpose of life(FFIX anyone?).Commander knowing the truth and can speak the truth(unlike operator(with mask),they see the truth but can't say it out)she knew they needed to die and keep doing this YoRHa thingy, but at the end she still hope 2B and 9S survive, denying her purpose.9S on the other hand, a scanner model meant to discover the truth, gone mad knowing their only purpose is to gather data.A2 decided to kill all the machines.

| Showing everyone how they see their purpose of life, scanner finding a family,desert YoRHa,kill all the machines,gone mad,experience death(wtf adam),revenge for brother, save animals.I think is just a bonus to let you think about what will you do if you are them, to emerge yourself to the characters.

| >>513933 they talk all the time maybe pay attention next time

and for that matter how is that an argument? Lucas from mother 3 never talks and that boy is sad as fuck

| >>514833
Why does it matter if I still couldn't get attached/relate to anybody?
>>e41fe4
This is interesting tho. Probably gonna replay whole game

| >>514847 then you don't have to get attached and like the game/story. What is with the obsession of liking games that other people like? No game is made for everyone. I can easily point at dozzen of games that have overwhelmingly positive review on steam and say that I don't like it because it's not my cup of tea.

| even if all this turns you off

there is still the fantastic music and the infamous booty

| and the ways Automata is connected to Nier Replicant/Gestalt is scaring the shit out of me

| Only liked the combat and the music, acting was too animu and couldn't take it seriously
Not enough moe bait
6-O a cute though

| >>32ecbd
>acting is too animu
>not enough moe bait
So which one is it?

| >>515095
I meant like an edgy animu, but maybe that's because I played with japanese voices. I couldn't take it seriously because of that and it didn't even have enough moe bait

| I don't think moe is gonna make it any more serious tho

| >>515122 "I watch too many shitty edgy and moe anime to the point that I associate japanese language with shitty edgy and moe anime... and that's why the game is bad"

| the op does actually likes the game but is too much of a coward to associate himself with liking the content associated with animu and thus uses this thread to mental masturbate and to cover up his guilty feeling feelings.

look, liking something and associating yourself with it then denying it to edgy or mediocre actually shows what kinda anon you are.

| >>515122
Yeahhhh english voiceover made it wayyy better for me honestly. And it's not like I'm biased towards english since it's not my first language. Not even second one, either.

| >>515201
This guy talking about how edgy game is is not an op. Once again I just wanted to know why people think it's story is good. I still can't like it but this guy >>e41fe4
somewhat explained me how people can enjoy it. Also I like all these replies blaming me about how much of a kid I am and how I should get over myself eventhough I said almost nothing bad of the game and never tried to change other people's opinion.

| Phrasing your negativity in the form of a question doesn't fool anybody, ever

| Like reading it you can literally hear the snooty tone of voice

| >>515251
Remember: there are no guys on the internet.

| >>515257
Kek I'm not a native speaker I guess that's why. Again if I wanted to rant about how bad game is I would just create "nier automata sucks" thread like I did with dks3. But I just want to understand what people find in it what the fuck stop this shit about me being hater kid

| >>514847 don't care just pointed out the facts. i'm not an SE rep who cares if you dont like the game

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1545177563

This thread is permanently archived