danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Fighting Games

| i'm itching to play some despite having almost no experience on it. What are the best ones out there? Should I use a controller or a stick?

| Smash Bros

| >>383597 not a fighting game

| Well skullgirls is pretty good and has a really good tutorial for people who know nothing about fighting games. The only problem is the steep learning curve during online play. Besides that you could always play fighterz

| Skullgirls is hard.
If you wanna start, maybe start in Tekken or NRS Games (Mortal Kombat X, Injustice 2)

| Oh and D-Pad>Joystick.

| BlazBlue for lyfe

| >>383625
Rivals of Aether is, though.
So is Slap City.

Also King of Fighters and Virtua Fighter are my favs. Under Night In-Birth feels really nice too.

| Tekken <3

| >>383597
GTFO.

| What's about Divekick? It teaches you some stuff that might take a long time to learn from normal fighting games.

| >>383625 >>383723 I was joking heh

| Guilty Gear Xrd is good one

| >>383747 FUCKING THIS

| Soulcalibur, also anything by Ark System Works such as BlazBlue or Guilty Gear

| >>383841 all thing I wouldn't recommend to a novice, especially BlazBlue.

| >>383918 I have a mindset that starting at most complex helps to adjust and learn faster.

| It depends for each game. Arcade Stick is great for alot of 2D Fighting games that use more than four buttons(Street Fighter, Skullgirls, ect.).

Joypad controllers is best because analogue can drop some commands like quarter/half circles commands which is infuriating, best for games like TEKKEN or Soulcalibur where movement is important.

In the end, its down to preference and game you want to get into. Its hard to get past ghe steep learni g curve at first but its worth it.

| Blazblue.

| >>383918 I think Soulcalibur would be good, I've been playing it since I was 6

| Why are so many of you recommending Blazblu withouth explaining why? That game is fucking hard.

| It's your preference for the game but personally, all fighting games have their own beauty. I'll mention a few that I've been playing. Start with Street fighter series, it's a great game. Honestly, they give tutorial that is easy to understand and easy to explain to beginner and the mechanic are not really complicated. It's always fun to play with others.

| Next is Blazblue, I've tried the Chronophantasma and Central fiction, and still considering to buy the Blazblue Cross-Tag Battle. It was a great game, also with a lot character that you can start. The amount of the tutorial given was great and the soundtrack is pretty decent.

| Last is Tekken series, I played Tekken 3, 5, 6, 7. I spent a lot more time in tekken 7 because it is the latest one currently. Honestly, I don't really recommend tekken 7 to play as starter because they don't give the basic tutorial for few times such as the movement and the mechanic used but they give moveset and sample combo instead. You might find it tougher if you're new and not into 3d fighting games. But, all of all tekken still be a great game to me.

| So, there goes my opinion. It might be bias, so I apologize in advance. For the controller, it's your taste as well. You might want to try a lot of controller to find your best way in playing fighting games.

| Start with Mortal Kombat X I guess. Play on console cuz PC community is somewhat dead.

| >>385321 dead?

| Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, preferrably 3rd strike online edition for ps3/360 despite those being really old consoles, I have a somewhat grudge against personal steady button delays on SF30th Anniversary and Fightcade(I think fightcade would be the better option, but watch out like 99% of people are like pros on there), I play on keyboard so the only reason I say if you want a fightstick is to do 360s or easier precise movement

| >>385528
Personal steady button delays? Care to elaborate?

| >>383579 start with skullgirls i'd say for reasons outlined by>>383642. pls don't listen to people saying "start blazblue/guilty gear" bc those games are way fuckin hard and have way more mechanics than most others (characteristic of any anime fighter as well). SG has good, clear, and varied tutorials to help beginners start to learn the core essentials of fighting games as a whole, which will make it easier to get into harder games (after LOTS of studying and practice, of course)

| >>386000 oops didn't mean to redtext all that. btw the previous post was>>383642

| also dbfz would also be good bc you can play without having to learn combos at first, and you'll still have to learn and practice the basics (as with any fighting game)

| Skullgirls is still harder. 6 buttons are you kidding me.

| >>385637 like as im playing on keyboard, when i do a quick half circle to do a move, it doesnt come out and according to the button input in training mode it says i did forward and diagonal downback within the same frame, which i had to hold down for about a second which takes too long to do a whole half circle move, especially as a combo

| >>386103 get a controller. Any controller. Fgs werent made to be played on keyboards.

| If you're getting input problems with Skullgirls you'll likely get the same problems on any other fg.

| >>386103 sounds like your keyboard have inadueqate keyswitches. Most keyboards do unless you buy a really high-end one and then it still isnt 100% fixed. This means that certain buttons cant be pressed at the same time. The Cougar 200 is a somewhat cheap keyboard with a proper keyswitch matrix for the buttons mostly used in games such as wasd etc. Controllers rarely if ever have this problem though.

| Melty blood

| >>386862
Melty blood is so bareboned though, and most characters feel rather same-y.

| Why nobody mentioned SNK games yet?

| >>386903
The characters are pretty different even when changing the moon styles.

| Anyone else here planning to buy SCVI?

| Lab Zero killed Skullgirls

| Arcade Sticks are for rich kids

| >>388031
Fuck yeah I am. I main Mr. Roogi.

Total number of posts: 45, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1534461596

This thread is permanently archived