danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
/v/ what is the best controller for pc

|

| Depends what you play actually. And personal preferences.

| Keyboard

| >>361929 please try to have fun playing dark souls PtDE with a keyboard

| if we're just talking gamelab controllers, then I prefer the PS4 controller. I love the how concaved analog sticks and curved triggers feel comfy like the 360 controller, but also have buttons that have a quick, clicky feel. Not saying it's perfect, since the touchpad is largely underutilized. Which is a shame because I like having it either be two inputs on the left/ride sides or provide touch controls.

| *gamepad controllers

| I just use some logitech ps3 knock off controller. The shoulder buttons are kind of bad though.

| How good is the pc xbox one controller

| The steam controller, nibba

| >>361962 steam controller is pure garbage m8

| Xbox one gamepad is pure gold. 360 is goos except for dpad. I don't know how such a serious corporation could fuck up something so elementary as d-pad. I mean it took them 8(mb more) years to make new one

| >>362119 Nintendo owns the patent for the D-pad so every other company have to make their own version of it.

| Linux Controller

| For pc gamepad, my personal preference is ps4 dualshock. It's a massive upgrade from ps3. X1 gamepad is good too, especially if have bigger hands.

| I grew up with PC games. Still can't play first-person games with controller. Sooo, mouse+keyboard.

>>361943
Don't blame the hardware for the game's ineptitude at adapting.

| >>362485 I'm just telling him the reason to why i want a controller wich is for playing pc games that work better with a controller like dark souls PtDE, dark souls 2, 3, the final fantasy games on pc and also stuff like the neptunia games

| >>362494 I mean I know a few people who did it, ptde was a shitty port tho so keyboard doesn't work good but it's certainly possible

| Switch pro controller

| I use a WiiU Pro controller

| Xbox one

| Wii u pro if ya can do Bluetooth,any modern Xbox controller 360 and bone

| If y'all can't to Bluetooth

| Just get X360 or X1 controllers

| Get a Sega Dreamcast Controller. They are the best tbh

| The WiiU's pro controller is pretty great.

| >>361948
Logitech F710 is p good. Wireless, but barely uses the batteries. The shoulder buttons kinda suck though, yeah. After a year of heavy use my RB is kinda finnicky.

| I've been using my Xbox 360 controller for years now. Never had any problems

| >>364697
I really enjoyed my time with x360 controller when it comes to modern-ish action games (e.g. Dark Souls, even emulated Monster Hunter P3rd), but as a fan of fighting games and retro stuff I've found the d-pad to be a pain in the butt.

| >>364449
>no second analog
Not very good for modern games.
>that dpad
Terrible for 2D.

| I use the Xbox one S controller, and it's pretty good... Was hard to get used to it cause I definitely used to play a shit ton more with the old controller. Dualshock controllers have never disappointed me tho... Have been using a random controller from an unknown brand, wasn't as bad as shit, but felt wrong with the analogs, especially the deadzone. I don't use D-pad for 2D, bit I admit I would never have used the old Xbox 360 controller's D-pad...

| Xbone for sure, dont have to deal with all the ds4 bullshit

| I like my Xbone S controller. Easy to set up on Windows, comfy to use. What I am not a fan of is the way the controller's firmware is updated. You either need to use the terribad Windows store or connect the controller to an Xbone console. If you have one.

But then again, you can leave the controller with the default firmware and you'll be fine.

| >>365135
What kind of bullshit do you mean by that?

| >>365233
With a dualshock it's always hit or miss whether the program will recognize DS4 and then you need to use another third party controller plugin or just switch off a compatibility setting. Save the hassle get a Xbone

| >>361943
Actually, I did play all the Dark Souls games, with a keyboard and I did have fun. I will admit I did play DS3 with a controller, but it felt weird. I got used to it, but the experience is more or less the same, imo.

>>362494
I even played the Neptunia games with a keyboard.
Never tried any of the FF games on PC though.
Name some more series and I probably have played them on a keyboard. Recently played Tales of Berseria on a keyboard.

| But anyway, when I do use controllers I'm not particularly picky. I guess the PS4 controller's pretty nice?

| >>361943 well if someone was able to beat darks souls with a guitar hero controller, why not mouse and keyboard? Maybe thats the true dark souls experience, beating the game with a sitty mouse and keyboard scheme

| Nacon gc-100xf

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1532025812

This thread is permanently archived