danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I might pirate Cyberpunk 2077

| Now that I've read up on how CDPR treats its devs like shit, I probably will. Dunno if I wanna support a company that runs on sweatshop conditions ://

| It's kind of unbelievable how people don't know how unorganized CDPR is.

| You might pirate a video game danger/u/ poster? What a revelation.

I'm calling the police.

| >>358773 pls dont tell my mum

| >>358786 I would never.

>starts dialing

| Pretending you weren't going to pirate it anyways

| Well, pirating is your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

| Gotta admit it, CDPR brought us GOG.com so that's a plus

| CDPR is the only studio that is actually honest with its customers, so I will definitely buy it

| I mean the games they make a pretty good, guess making people work like crazy pays off?

|

| >>358996 if e3 was being honest with it's customers like CDPR people would still fling shit, dunno why they're seen as some game god

| Link to news? Never heard of it

| I will definitely pirate it, it fits with the cyberpunk theme

| naah... i was pirated 2077 from internal servers of CD Project in poland. Game is fine but still unfinished.

| Pirate it, but pay for it if you like it. Sweatshop or not, people gotta eat. If you are pirating because you don't agree with the company policies, maybe don't play and enjoy it?

| CDPR seems evil up until you find out that their practices are normal in Poland.

Blame the culture/government, not the company that operates in it.

| >>360679 CDPR is definitely better than EA

| Poland isn't the best place for large developers, but then again, so is 80% of the EU.

| Who cares if they run on sweatshop? Parts of phones that you are using was most likely made in a sweatshop factory in china, so if you are concerned with that, better stop using your phone m8.

Judge it by the product, CDPR release their games DRM-free. Witcher 2 and 3 are in the sphere of triple A quality, yet they are cheaper and often on discount. Witcher 3 DLC are worth a whole new game, if it was made by other company, it will be sold as a sequel priced at 60$.

| >>360686

To be fair, its not difficult to be better than EA.

| Most modern first world electronics, clothing, tools, cars, etc were made in sweatshops across Asia and Africa. There's no point in even worrying about that as a point of moral dissonance because it is nearly impossible to not use any modern device that escapes it.

Welcome to twenty first century 1st world, and even 3rd world, countries.

| >>361479 Because sweatshops are a cause of immeasurable human suffering? I don't see how you can care about quality of life in your community, and then decide that because it happens somewhere else that quality of life doesn't matter.

| >>361565 then I'll ask the same question. Have you made sure that parts of your phone isn't made in sweatshop in china? What about your PC parts? Your cars? You sure your fav restaurant is treating their employee properly?

| >>361577 that's not a valid argument. products will never be 100% ethical, but people can at the very least try and be aware of the products/services they do buy and avoid them. even that's better than just going "fuck it everything's made in china lol"

| >>361653
>products will never be 100% ethical
>people can at the very least try and be aware of the products/services they do buy

Those two points are very contradicting. If you know that products won't be 100% ethical, then being aware/ getting more info about how the product is made will only reveal how unethical it is. Hence, the only way to buy an "ethical" products is to be an ignorant customer.

| Yh poland is the china of game dev outsourcing.

Worked at a studio in London that literally gave them design docs and said make gem for like a pound.

Bloody ludicrous.

| >>361565
people in sweatshops get still get paid and use them as a source of income an otherwise immensely impoverished environment. Usually, there isnt an alternatove. So, Mr online ethics warrior, i want you to think real hard about what happens to those workers you care so much about of their sweatshop is shut down.

Total number of posts: 28, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1531660373

This thread is permanently archived