danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Visual Novel Recommendations

| I use to read VNs all the time, but I've been out of that scene for a while. Anyone got some hot recommendations?
I've played all the ones by Key, I enjoyed the Fate ones, a few others I really enjoyed were Symphonic Rain, Utawarenomono, and The Fruit of Grisaia

| idk if these are worth recommending, since these feel like VNs for ppl who don't play VNs. But have you played 999, Doki Doki Literature Club, and the DanganRonpa series?

| Woooah. Key made a new VN, Summer Pockets? Can't wait for that to be translated.
Anyway, >>357241
Never heard of 999, but yeah DDLC was okay and, I gotta be honest, I didn't really enjoy Danganronpa. I've only played the first one, but given I wasn't in the mood for a VN at the time. Might want to revisit it eventually.

| >>357245 999 is part of the Zero Escape series. 9 people are trapped and your goal is to pick the route/actions that helps them all escape. All while solving escape room puzzles.

Without spoiling anything, the path to the true ending feels really special. I can't imagine it being done the same way by just any game or really any story.

| Saya no Uta

| Swan Song gets pretty hardcore bh the end

| Ace attorney is definitely my favourite one

| +999 also devil on g string is great. It's a detective /thriller/sol with a really cool story.

| Sekien no Inganock.
And yeah, 999 is amazing, play it on a DS if you can.

| Whaaa, you didn't like danganronpa? That's a shame, I really enjoyed the 2nd one, how the story carries on and all. Oh well, anyways for vns you got the obviously good ones like steins gate and clannad but you've more than likely played those, katawa shoujo is great, va11halla obviously. You heard of long live the queen? Pretty enjoyable.

| >>357284
This. It's pretty short but unique and has an interesting atmosphere.

Chäos;HEAd is definitely worth a try, as it's personally a favorite psychological thriller. Kara no Shoujo is a nice murder mystery. G-Senjou no Maou is often compared to Death Note with its "cat and mouse". And of course, there's the famous MuvLuv. If you're not aware, MuvLuv Alternative is the highly recommended version, but it's best to start from the beginning.

| Play Hatoful Boyfriend. It's funny and cute and weird and tearjerking. I can't recommend it enough.

And if you do get it, protip: if you play through all the birds' endings and you get a very long bonus mode the next time you get a new game. It's so fucking good.

| Start a new game*

| Saya no Uta was great. Chaos:Head, it good but I wasn't really into it that much. The Ace Attorney series is up there for my favorite Nintendo games.
>>357729 Yup, read all of those.

Despite how famous and amazing I hear MuvLuv is, I never got around to trying it. Might put that first on the list just because of how good everyone says it is. Thanks for the recs my g/u/rls!

| Lucid9

| Danganronpa, Steins;Gate and Ace Attorney are a great start.
Fate/Stay Night never.

| jeez, I was going to recommend one I'd seen people talking about recently, but I haven't read it yet and lost the name. It was translated just recently and it was some sort of historical fantasy set in europe.

other than that there are a few vns inspired by katawa shoujo that are finaly releasing demos. They are Missing Stars and The Human Reignition Project, and the people making HRP have also started making a bunch of yuri vns as a new group called studio éclair or something

| >>358314
the one I forgot is called dies irae: https://vndb.org/v548

| You may or may not know about VA-11 HALL-A is a cyberpunk visual novel that no one in this site played

| >>358709
Hm, sounds like shit.

| >>358843
OP I know you're joking, but I will end you.

| >:3

| >ddlc

| >>358268 why never fsn? It has some fucked up hentai, but it's a cool novel of it's genre.
>>359010 had a vn reading friend who said it's shit after playing (not as joke) but i liked it. Glad I'm not alone

| fault milestone franchise. I love everything about it. Just get past the edgy fighting scene at the beginning.

| Butterfly Soup

|

| I enjoyed Little Busters

| >>361499 +

| I would recommend Tokyo Dark bit I haven't been able to get it to run... So...

| While I am at it: Fatal Twelve, Will and Grisaia are goo too. I also second Tokyo Dark.

| Is LovePlus a good VN for someone who never was interested in VNs too much? (I completed DDLC and played some Katawa Shoujo)

| >>357962 I have this one on steam, ty for the tip.

| Am I the only one who was frightened by higurashi? I've started playing it recently and I guess i'm halfway through story of first game and it's so fucking scary and mysterious

Total number of posts: 34, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1531692283

This thread is permanently archived