danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What if we played D&D in one thread.

| Like we are a lot of people some good campaign can come up

| Could definitely work

It's /cyb/ with stats

| Will do homebrew, but definitely not the full blown 5e.

| >>190584 >>190579 >>190638
Already a thing on cyb i think its called Story of Creation or somthing.

| oof

| >>190579
Here? In /v/?

| yes please

| Hello

| Fuck it, I'm down.

| We don't have time for a character creation like animals so just describe your character and >I'LL MAKE IT WORK

| >>192079
So this *is* a homebrew? I was just readying my 5 pages character description.

| You know what, go on if you want to make a detailed character, still will be fun.

| Let's find a nice hour to all meet up here tho

| >>2932a0
True

| Wait, in person?

| Oh yeah can do that just remembered I'm Skynet ..

| Obviously in the group

|

| there was a group of people trying this out in /u/ of all places, and spend a good three or four threads just with stat crunching... annnnd it died.

Not a good idea unless you're friends with a mod and you got a bunch of g/u/rls willing to put in the effort. They didn't even survive character creation.

| You cold use the danger/u/ discord, ask a mod to make a new Chanel there and use it to play DND with Roll20

| >>c3c6e3
Nah the guy is right is too much trouble.
It's best to play anima

| >>193803
It died because no one posted any characters and there was basically only one person which was ready. And besides, you can't play a DnD styled game with only one person and a GM.

| At one hand this sounds like a lot of effort. On the other...

... I wanna be a handsome pirate boy with dual pistols and a claymore on his back!

| >>194574 I'm imagining your talking about pirate pistols so, 1 you only have a shot and at least 5 seconds of recharging for each weapon, anybody can be in your face ready to slice you in half in less than 5 seconds
2 your aim will be shit since you lose a lot of stability and have to aim 2 things at once
3 a claymore it's fucking huge and it will cost you a lot of time to unsheathed.
Thegunsare okay but go with just a normal sword or a dagger
B+ work, needs more efficiency.

| >>194635 pirate boy here.

For some reason I thought this would be sci-fi so like I would use laser pistols. You didn't say it was or wasn't sci-fi so I don't know what to do here.

Okay. How about two laser pistols or two normal revolvers(he doesn't always need to use both at the same time), a saber or rapier on his hip and a grenade belt on my handsome pirate boy's chest with a verity of high explosives and fragment grenades?

Oh and we will name our pirate Juan Garcia!

|

|

| Can I participate?

| Aaaand the character generator from FATAL. Unless it leads to people being creeps, I wanna watch otherwise serious D&D with a guy with a walk-in asshole.

| >>193803 >>194329 >>194388
I'm the GM of the attempted /u/ TTRPG. It didn't go well, yeah. The only way I can see DnD/TTRPG ever happening in /u/ is to scrape /cyb/ and paste it elsewhere.

You cannot, and I repeat, cannot put too much convoluted rules. /cyb/ has the perfect balance for this: it is optimised for textboard roleplaying.

But hey, you may have better luck than I did. So with everything said, good luck with the session!

|

| >>197451
Umm DM of SoC here
Its a shame that it didn't work out i would have loved to play.
>>194766
That sounds like a fun character!
Love to have you along for SoC
>morphine_blues

|

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1521908398

This thread is permanently archived