danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Best RPGS

| So I've been looking through the deep and expansive world of RPGS for quite some time. I want to hear the opinions of all you lovelies out there.

| RPG is quite a broad term these days, there are JRPGs, CRPGs, Action-RPGs, Dungeon-Crawlers...

| Chrono Trigger

| Fallout New Vegas

| Fallout 2

| Fallout 2

| I've heard many people praise The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, but never tried it myself

| Some of my favorites:

CRPG: Pretty much any game made with Infinity Engine, also Neverwinter Nights 1/2 and newer Shadowrun games. Pillars of Eternity seems decent, too.

JRPG: Final Fantasy 3, 5, 6, 9. Radiant Historia. Shin Megami Tensei 3, 4. Persona 2, 3, 5.

Pure japanese dungeon crawling goodness: Etrian Odyssey series.

| Fallout:NV, TES3, TES5,All Deus Ex'es, FF5/6/7/15, literally all Zelda's, Divinity:original sin 1 and 2.

| Nethack, Paper Mario 2, Neverwinter Nights was pretty good but it's ugly af now and the original campaign sucks, Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, maybe the original Might and Magic games (pre-mm9.)

| Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 are amazing. Tactics Ogre is really good too. Tales of Berseria was nice.

| Pyre isn't a usual RPG, but it's the first game that feel narratively like I'm actually a part of the story

| Ys. All of them.

| Super Mario RPG is pretty cool.
Another RPG for SNES that was quite impressive is Bahamut Lagoon, I think there's an English patch somewhere.

| Alpha protocol is cool. Despite bad critical reception. No other rpg in the spy setting I think.

| >>189125 Oh, I can't believe I forgot Planescape: Torment. Yeah, Planescape is the best RPG.

| Mother 3

| Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess I'll shift it in a more specific direction here with another question. Best tactical RPGS?

| Earthbound

| >>190163
Final Fantasy Tactics, of course. Either original or WotL. Advance and A2 are not that good, but still passable.
Tactics Ogre and Luminous Arc. Didn't play all that much of those, but I still liked what I saw.
Pokemon Conquest. P much same as above, but it's more quirky and kinda interesting.
Fire Emblem and Front Mission. Great series. Disgaea, too, but only if you love grinding and ridiculous numbers.
Into the Breach, even though it's more of a roguelite puzzler.

| >>190163 I feel like I'd have to go with FF Tactics on principle. I REALLY want to say Devil Survivor 2, though.

Also off the branch of TRPGs I just want to give a shout-out to Pillars of Eternity. That game is dope.

| >>190250
Oh yeah, Devil Survivor also exists. I'd even recommend 1, tbh. Even though it was kinda inferior (for understandable reasons), the whole setting and plot progression with apocalypse and society breakdown and whatnot was done so much better, I think.

| >>190313 I can definitely agree with you there. I'm holding out some hope for Record Breaker and seeing how it does, though I feel it's gonna be hard to top 1.

Plus, 1 has Atsuro. Come on.

| Oblivion, Persona 5, NieR, Pokemon Emerald, Dark Souls 1

| divinity. either one.

| im making a tactical rpg. i will put the name here one day.

| >>190163 definitely Advance Wars. I wish the series wasn't deader than dead though.

| >>190504 I wish you luck g/u/rl

| Only going to count traditional RPGs cause I'd be here all day otherwise:
FF5 and 9 are my favorite F2F titles
Golden Sun is spectacular as well
SMT has always been amazing
Mario and Luigi is another good series
And although it has been a decade since I played a game in the series, Phantasy Star remains of my earliest played RPGs
For CRPGs I can only speak to how much I enjoyed the original Fallout

| Skies of Arcadia if you look for a neat JRPG with a unique story

| >>189062 Oblivion had the best quests out of the elder scrolls, morrowind had the best world, and skyrim has the best moddability/graphics/combat

| FALLOUT NEW VEGAS!

| Final Fantasy 6 and 9
Persona 3 and 5
Etrian Odyssey
The World Ends With You
Shin Megami Tensei
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Mother 2 and 3

| Neir Automata?

| dark souls 1
final fantasy vi and vii
persona 3 and 4
deus ex 1
witcher 1

| I just remembered Suikoden 2

| Fire Emblem Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Dragon's Crown...

| Baldur's Gate series and Dragon Age: Origins. to me, the other dragon age games never happened

| bbbump

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1521660399

This thread is permanently archived