danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I've never played a Yakuza game

| If I was to play one or two, which ones?

| Sega is re-making all the Yakuza games. So after playing Yakuza 0 (which is a prequel to the yakuza games) start playing the Kiwami games in numerical order.

| Yes. Most stories are self contained as I know but still...

| Oh. Are they re-making it for PS4, or in a combo-pack or what?

| Yeah, the remakes are on the PS4

| What I'm doing right now it's to play the first 2 games on a PS2 emulator while I wait until either I have enough money to buy a PS3 or until the PS3 emulator can emulate the game.
Then if I remember correctly you have to buy a PS4 for all the others games

| I just played Yakuza Kiwami recently. It blew my socks off. You should start with Kiwami or 0, either one works.

| I'd say start with Yakuza 0 and then after you finish it, either emulate the original Yakuza 1 or wait a couple months/weeks and play Yakuza Kiwami. If you play Kiwami right after you finish 0 you might get a little worn out because they're very alike.

| If anything, start on 0 and wait to play Kiwami until closer to the release of Kiwami 2 in the west. IIRC, SEGA is just remastering the first two games. The rest are on PS3 and PS4 already, and for fairly cheap. That way, if you like the series, you don't have to wait too long to continue playing. There is a good break between 0 and Kiwami in terms of plot.

| If you wanna go straight into 6, I would say don't. Yakuza 0 is easily the best point of entry by far, and since Kiwami (a remake of Yakuza 1) is out in the US and Kiwami 2 was just announced for August 28th 2018, it's a lot easier to get in. If you got a PS3, I would still strongly recommend playing 3, 4 and 5 as well. But that's just me.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1521384422

This thread is permanently archived