danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Fighting game Main

| Who was your favorite character to use in a fighting game? Like they just fit you like a glove?

| Mine was Alex from SF3. He is perfection

| Makoto from SF3. Super fun, super aggressive. Hit you with that chest punch. Choke, slap to the face. And she's so fucken loud! Strikes fear into the hearts of friends and enemies alike. I adore that character.

>>158754 fight me

| >>158754 What do you like about Alex? Always wanted to try him out more seriously. Paint me a picture.

| I like his rough playstyle and also just like him as a character. His moves are so satisfying when they hit and winning is so worth it. The game is called Street fighter but everyone is a martial artist. But Alex? Alex is a real "street" fighter. I accept your challenge

| I've had a few. Lucina in Smash, Baiken in Guilty Gear, Juri in SF, and Mitsurugi in SoulCalibur.

| ^ Luscious Woman. All of them

| Cerebella from Skullgirls. Riesbyfe Stridberg from Melty Blood. Surpisingly enough, Fujiwara no Mokou from Touhou 15.5

| >>159076 Ah, I see you're a g/u/rl of culture as well.

| NARUTO!!!!

| Viewtiful Joe in Tatsunoko vs Capcom

| ^ Viewtiful Joe is the real beauty with a booty here

| I'M REALLY FEELING IT

| I really love playing H-Nanaya in Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Though I also really love playing C-Ryougi, not sure which I like more

| >>159678
Ew, another Shiki main. I don't like you. D:

| >>159732 which Shiki though? I play 2/3 lol

| >>159734
I really dislike playing against all 3 tbh. Although Ryougi is not so bad, I suppose, but still kinda irks me.

| It's street fighter Juri (though I'm also liking Sakura), Ramlethal in Guilty Gear

| Melty Blood? Guilty Gear? Im proud of you girls

| God bless taokaka

| The next topic should be favorite music from a Fighting game. I love Sins theme from GGXRD

| I like Akihiko from p4a.
>>160383
Blue Water Blue Sky all the way man.

| Weavile in pokken tournament

| Street Fighter - Ibuki
Tekken - Kunimitsu
Skull girls - Cerebella

| >>161094
Ayyy, another Cerebella main. Noice.

| Raven in GG Xrd is the real shit

| >>161112
As a character I actually like Filia the most, but when I fight AS her I'm pretty average. I'm much better with Cerebella, which is why I main her lol.

| .....anyone play thems fighting herds?

| >>161171 the fluffy one is cute

| Yoshimitsu in tekken. Used to like him only because he had a sword. Now I fully appreciate his diverse and confusing moveset.

| Toon Link

| Cause Toon Link OP

| Lucina is bae

| >>159270 >>161094 how can u fight with Cerebella? I suck when i use her. My main girl is Painwheel

| ^Cerebella is crazy easy to use. I always thought she was a noob tier character

| >>159270 I use Byakuren/Toyosatomimi in Touhou 15.5, and I feel like the scum of the earth because of that.

| >>161859 And I used to play a lot as Big Band/Squigly in Skullgirls.

| When people choose a character in FGs, they either look towards the best character in a competitive environment to use, or they could like a character based on looks or personal relations.

Me, I used to play Mitsurugi a lot in soulcalibur, mainly because I see myself in him to an extent with his personal morals and views towards certain things like self improvement.

That, and he lots of fun to play as, though a lot of people seem to dislike him online for some reason.

| (Sorry if I'm here twice. I can't see what I posted)
As already stated, Alex in SF3 feels glorious to play right. Like bringing a shotgun to a gun fight: maybe there's more optimal choices, but using this is one hell of a showoff and the guy in front of you is GONE. Also I use Stun Gun Headbutt. It's shit, I know, but that just makes it more fun.

In KOF I frequently use Terry, though recently I picked up Ralf and ge has grown on me for similar reasons to what's listed above.

| Josie or gtfo.

| Es or Nu-13 from Blazeblue

| same guy as >>159678
I also enjoy playing Nanase and Linne in UNIB. When's UNIST US PC tho

>>159916 Usually people don't complain about Tohno, he's generally really honest in all three moons. Nanaya is understandable, monopoly setplay can be not fun. Though H-Nanaya doesnt actually get to use his setplay lol. I've only ever heard a couple people complain about Ryougi, which mostly comes down to her normals being really big for neutral, but her defense sucks so it's fair.

| >>162924
I'm not saying they're not fair, I just don't like them.
Maybe that's because my pal used to play them a lot and he was WAY better than me so he always won.

| I love Beowulf in Skullgirls. Mostly cause hes a dude in a chick fighting game and im gay af

| Oh, man. I love King in tekken, Nanaya Shiki/Warcuid in Melty Blood, Ken in all SF games, and Cervantes in Soul Calibur, next to mitsurugi

| Alot of Soul Caliber players in here apparently

| Ms. Fortune from Skullgirls. She's the purrfect embodiment of a berserker playstyle, which suits me best. Also I have a knack for puns and I love her character design.

| >>166188
Yeah, it's especially nice since she's one of those characters where you don't get punished too hard for losing your head and going all in. :^)

| >>166200 yea, a skilled Fortune player can claws some real chaos.

| Happy at all the Melty Blood
Proud of you g/u/rls

| Taki in SoulEdge. (psx)
Lei in Tekken3. (psx)
Piloting a Timber Wolf [MadCat] variant D Omnimech in Mechwarrior 2/3/4.

| In Touhou 12.5 I maimed Suwako just because it was the only one that really threw a wrench in everyone's playstyle every time.

| >>166677
I like China because it's fun playing an entirely different game than everyone else

| Tekken - Lei Wulong,
MKX - Sub Zero (grandmaster)
GG - Faust
Injustice 2 - Robin
dBZF - 16
SFV - Birdie
KOF - Kyo

| Faust is hilarious

| >>167027 Use 16? God the cancer...

| >>19f103
Yeah same, Makoto and Ibuki are my favorite in third strike.
>>21ac06
Respectable. While one of the worst in the game, I always loved Yunseong for his character. Loved the idea of a character fighting for soul edge as a patriot for his country.
Melty is probably my favorite fighting game, and I practically main the random button. But if I had to choose one, Hisui.

| meant to respond to
>>158798
>>162106

| P4A - Narukami
Melty - H-V.Akiha/F-Arima/C-Seifuku/F-Tohno (Listen man I just love MB)
MK - Scorpion
GG - Sin
BlazBlue - Naoto/Susanoo/Hakumen
...if we counting extra poverty, Youmu in Hisouten.

Narukami in P4 was literally everything I wanted in a character. Hakumen is close but he can't swag as much which is my main want in characters, but at least he's cool. Naoto is a walking mixtape so he fits the criteria.

| >>167872
Naoto= He?
You poor summer child

| >>167961
Uhh, judging from the list, that poster probably meant Naoto Kurogane from BlazBlue, who is indeed a male afaik.

| >>168226
I did. I even said BB RIGHT next to the row of character's lmao.

| Can Soul Calibur 6 not have supers? What ever happened to a good ol fashioned ring out

| Sakuya from Touhou Scarleth Weather Rhapsody

| Skullgirls: Parasoul. She's also my favorite fighting game character period. I like her so much I bought the Eighty Sixed shirt they have for sale. I just love her game play, though I can't Egret cancel to save my life.

Smash Melee: Marth
Smash 4: Rosalina and Luma
Street Fighter IV: Rose
Dead or Alive 5: Ryu Hayabusa
Soul Calibur 5: Viola

| King dedede from smash 4. These was also the naginata chick from killer instinct, but fuck if i remember her na.e.

| Anyone play Akatsuki Blitzkampf?

| Has anyone played with TMNT in Injustice 2? They are really fun, I like using Ralph because of his extremely difficult learning curve, high risk taunt, high reward. Sadly the best special move is OP pizza box. Heal is godly, can throw for DoT

| >>170397
I tried it for a little while because of uniel. I played Akatsuki himself because he was my main in uniel but all the characters looked really cool. NUNS WITH GUNS.

| Definitely Hworang from Tekken. You can do some pretty wacky shit. Really want to play Noctis

| Izanami from Blazblue. She was strange at first but after learning how she played it all clicked in my head and now she's best girl.

| Izanami is a bitch to fight against especially when the right person is using her

| My es could still beat her tho :3

|

| Juri and Laura from SFV cause im a slave to the booty

| Makoto from SF3:TS. Faust in Guilty Gear Rev. 2.

| Nrvnqsr Chaos, Potemkin, Zangief, A16+A18+A21, Yamazaki, Eliza, Gato, Hibiki, Q, Dan, Mitsurugi, Kira

| >>173343
Which moon do you prefer of Chaos btw?

| >>173365 crescent moon, because its very similar to Act Cadenza

| The two nurses from Dong Dong Never Die and Enjoras from Armjoe.

| Marth from Melee is my spirit animal

| I waiting for G in SFV this season. Him and Cody shall become my new bois

| Bump so more gurls can proclaim their lovely mains

| sandbag is god

| P4AU Narukami all fucking day (And sometimes Kanji and Yosuke)

| We need more street fighter players christ

| We need more non-SFV street fighter players

| >>177086
SFV isnt perfect but dammit shes trying

| >>177091 https://goo.gl/images/PBgTk9

| >>177099
I dont see the problem

| >>177099 why would you send that that's the *best* part of SFV

| >>176866 Ah yes, another fellow Katana Jesus follower.

| Byakuya and Gordeau from UNIEL and UNIST

| Gordeau was a mistake

| >>180287 Not as bad as Vatista. That bitch needs to be fucking deleted.

| Kula and Kula

| Kula too

| Jin Kisaragi. Too bad I haven't played Blaz Blue in a while.

| >>180293
Sounds like you never played uniel

| TEKKEN(main game) - Lee Chaolan and Yoshimitsu, always and forever

Smash-Ike
GG-Raven
SC-Mitsurugi/Yoshimitsu
SF-Q in 3S, Zeku in V. (Sagat when)
KoF-Benimaru, Daimon, Geese
Garou-homeboy Kush
BB-Hakumen/Susanoo
DBFZ-Beerus

| SMASH IS NOT A GODDAMN FIGHTING GAME

| >>180700 Good thing I'm talking about UNIST, where Gord got nerfed and Vatista got a slap on the wrist.

| I would like to say that I love this thread very much. That is all

| B L A N K A

| >>181732
OP here, Im honestly extremely happy that it stayed alive this long lol My most succesful thread. Love all you FGC gurls

| >>181756
Love you too g/url.

| Lilith

| Shulk in Smash and Leo in Tekken

| SMASH IS NOT A GODDAMN FIGHTING GAME DAMMIT

| Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters. And not just because of the massive boobles. But, it helps.

| Fukua from Skullgirls, Makoto from SF3, and mileena from MKX

| Hilda from UNIEL

| Kuma in Tekken and Big Band in Skull Girls

| Kazuya
spam EWGF
dorya dorya dorya
wavu wavu
makes you feel high IQ when you're actually a scrub

| Big band peacock squiqly Skullgirl

| Rolento in SFA3
Hugo in SF3
Dan in SF4
Robert, Ralf and King in KoF98
Kula, Clark and Athena in KoF2002
Eiji, Gato and Jazu in KoFXI
Megaman and War Machine in MvC
Taskmaster, Haggar and Shuma-Gorath in MvC3
Hsien-Ko in Vampire Saviour
Billy in RB2
Gato in Garou
Wan-Fu or Kyoshiro in Samurai Shodown
Fulgore in Killer Instinct
Sagat, Rolento and Geese in CvS2

| Faust in Guilty Gear
Big Band in Skullgirls
Noel in Blazblue
Lee in The Last Blade
Yoshimitsu or Asuka in Tekken
Raiden in MK
Hol Horse in JoJo Heritage
Jolyne in JoJo ASB
Petra in Arcana Heart
Clown in Fighters History
Olof in Matrimelee
Lynn and Mr Jones in RotD

| Tekken 7:Kazuya
SSB4:Cloud
FighterZ: Super Sayian Vegeta
Nitro+: Sonico
Pokken: Gardevoir
Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Kid Naruto

| Robie Recruit in Rainbow Six Siege

| How do you g/u/rls pick your mains, btw? Based on looks? Based on gameplay? Based on tier lists? Some other reasons?

| I pick my mains by looks first, then how they play. I'm a niche FG player.
BB:Kagura, Hakumen
UNIST:Enkidu, Hyde, Carmine
MB: C. Brunestud
SG: Filia, Parasoul

I enjoy rekkas and rushdown. But I guess I just like having a parry and getting stupid high damage off other people's mistakes.

| Akatsuki Undernight inbirth

| I like big burly men that hug people to death

| >>187782 Usually gameplay. If I can't swag out with them I usually don't bother playing them, but I make an exception if I have a lot of fun with them.

| >>187782
A combination of the first two and the third never factors into it.
Being a ninja also helps.

| Style and design mostly. If a character also has a personality I vibe with, that also influences my choice, competitive viability be damned

| What type of fighting games do you gurls usually prefer? Slow street fighter mind game types or quick speedy Marvel vs Capcom types? Or some other type Im not mentioning

| >>190328
Mmm. I mostly prefer Arcsys and French Bread games. I guess they're more of a quick speedy type. I guess.

| >>187826 Why not play Naoto in BB? Sure you have to sacrifice your hands but...

>>190328 I'm fine with both tbh. If the mechanics of X game are cool and it feels good to play I don't really mind. It can't be too fast or too slow though.

| >>190413
What do you consider too fast or too slow? Ive noticed that slow games tend to have stun damage whereas quick games dont. I think Guilty Gear is the only middle man

| >>190455 Too slow? Shit like Yatagarasu. Arguably Samurai Shodown, as much as I love that game. I don't dislike Yatagarasu but it felt like KOF on 0.75x playback speed.

Too fast? Marvel 3 by far.

| asuka in tekken. ermac in mk9. valentine in skullgirls.

| Squigly!

| Bigband, Beowulf, and a mix of both fortunes for Skullgirls. Leo, Lars, of Asuka in Tekken. Juri in SF. Android 16 and Hit in DBFZ

| Kohaku and Miss Fortune.

| Aoko Aozaki too I guess.

| See me in One Must Fall 2097

| >>192032 See me in Seth Fighter 4, also known as Rising Thunder

| Squiggly From Skullgirls

| Ken. Lol.

| Markman in Divekick

| >>192950
That damn Ken

| >>192950 You better not mean P4A Ken. I'll have to find you and rip your hands off.

| >>193490
I think SF Ken is more likely. :thonk:

| >>193948 You never know man...

| >>194165
Any character named Ken in a FGC is 9/10 times cancer

| >>192950 What about Dan tho? Too OP in SFA3...at least for me

| Spiderman and Wolverine in MvC1.
Xiaoyu and Kazuya in Tekken.
The Women Team in KOF97.

Still trying Darkstalkers tho.

| >>192081 you have good taste.

| Ryoku from Blade Symphony.

| Theres a 150 abroad the thread, to be the longest thread on /u/ is my Destiny!!!

| Bump so more gurls can share mains

| Smash 4 Jigglypuff. She really sucks but her playstyle fits me perfectly.

| SMASH IS NOT A FREAKING FIGHTING GAME DAMMIT STOP MENTIONING SMASH IN THIS FUCKING THREAD

| >>198521 It's alright, g/u/rl. Just let it go. We know it won't stop, it's okay.

| >>178388 our only true lord and savior.

| >>198521 I love Cloud in Sma-

*everyone staring at me intensely because it's annoying and extremely unfunny and slowly approaching me and stab the shit out of me with a screwdriver*

| Can someone explain why smash isnt fighting game?

| Smash is a arena brawler, technically a sub-genre. The thing is it doesn't follows fighting game rules (1vs1, win by knockout, even playfield). And well, Nintendo itself never calls it a fighting game.

| Nidhogg is a fighting game. Discuss.

| Smash is literally a fighting game, it was never said you have to knockout or 1vs1 (things you can do anyways in Smash) as long as you play a character who hits, use magic, items or gripping techniques to another player or npc who has the same conditions and focuses in these, is a fighting game
Sumo is a full-contact fighting sport, which doesn't consist on knocking out, the only way of losing is being out of the circle or losing the mawashi, doesn't it ring to you?

| >>199457 Please tell me that was an intentional pun..

| Wasn't but noticed after sending it xD

| >>199457 By this same lpgic Twisted Metal is a fighting game too.

| >>199616
You didn't get it
Twisted Metal has nothing to do with the idea, first of all that's a driving-shooter game, it does not focus on the fighting (neither includes anything like that so, hard to be a fighting game)
Fighting games requires of humanoid-like characters (even though they can literally be a box, as long as it has a moveset) not vehicles with a camera to aim

| You control a character/vehicle who hits others and has itens/techniques AMD the focus is pretty much on fightong, direct contact has nothing to do with it.

| It isn't a traditional fighting game.

That's as far as I'm willing to take the Smash discussion at this rate.

| Then LoL and Overwatch are fighting games
Also every rpg

| Also FPSes and Bomberman

| >>199733 >>199968 >>199987
I don't know if you trolling or you trolling.

| Lets be real here,

I can see reasons why Twisted Metal could be concidered an FG by a 1/100 person. But its saying that Dark Souls PvP should be a fighting game as well. They are not because TM is a car-combat game. Dark Souls is an Action RPG.

As for Smash, if it's played at EVO to some capcity then it is considered a fighting game.

Though the prooer term is a Brawler, but the mods like Proj. M and the 1v1 scenarios for Competitve matches make it a fighting game in essence.

| >>201287
Thank you for not being a psycho. But still lack of health bars and the fact that you can kill yourself in smash does take away from it. How does one "sudden death" in street fighter?

| Also.

Does Dance Dance Revolution count?

I mean you are fighting through the age old art of dancing to see who is better at busting moves.

| I have played alot of Twisted Metal and Dark Souls PvP across all games.

I sorta do wish somebody would take beloved Sweet Tooth or Dollface as a jokey figting game character someday...

| There is a Sweet Tooth for MUGEN

| >>201287 Windjammers was played at EVO too and nobody calls it a fighting game because of that. This is the most bullshit argument onde could use.

| 1vs1 and knockout are what defines a fighting game, as codified by Street Fighter II. Knockout does not necessarily means depleting a lifebar, rather that defeat is definitive. Bushido Blade has no lifebar but focus on dealing fatal blows, Virtua Fighter has ring-outs, etc.

| >>201378 This.

Let's not forget that Catherine was a side tournament....

| Let's not forget that Smash is only at EVO because Nintendo pays for it to be there.

| You can kill yourself on any fighting games with hazards in stage, one of these games is Soul Calibur, other example is Mugen Jump (the 2D games, the last one on Ps4 I really don't know) those two are fighting games and you can accidentally or not kill yourself. Also Dissidia doesn't work with the usual "health bar system", first you need to exhaust your enemy and then only make him damage with special attacks. Also you can fall of the stage and that will take health.

| Smash is also about exhausting but also have the chance to make your opponent fall earlier. Also I keep mentioning the Sumo example, a style of fighting that doesn't consist in knocking out your opponent, he can be K.O. but as long as he is still in the ring standing he hasn't lose

| Any game that goes to Evo is because is being paid, don't forget that too.

| Also for all those who says a fighting game requires a health bar, check Bushido Blade

| I mean nobody calls Dissidia a fighting game either.

Nobody is denying that smash required skill in the grand scheme of things, but it is NOT a traditional fighting game. It wasn't designed to be such. Case in point: People making mods to MAKE it a competitive game and not the game you buy for your kids to play when the babysitter is around and they need something that'll sit they asses down.

| >>202179 Dissidia is definitely a fighting game. It's a an arena fighter like Gundam Vs.

| >>202236 I should have said "People will argue Dissidia isn't a fighting game". That's what I meant to say.

But yeah, you're right. It's in the same vein as Gundam VS. The key difference here is really the design directions of these games compared to Smash. One side of the spectrum is "Yeah this game is meant to be competitive" VS "The community made a competitive meta out of this" but iunno if that (or Sakurai saykng it ain't s fighting game) ever amounts to anything.

| But I stand by what I said. "Non-Traditional" is as good as Smash will get. This conversation is gonna go on in circles until we eventually hit the "you fight people in the game right?" realm and I really want this to end before it does.

| I can live with that.

| >>190328 I like French Bread games. I don't like the usual "anime fighter" games but French Bread games like Melty Blood and UNIB just click with me. Maybe it's the unique risk reward they like to introduce in their game with defensive mechanics and the good balance they tend to strike with characters.

| Bigband from skull girls has big boi damage and is a blast to play

| >>202534
Back on de B

| Ez-8 in any Gundam Vs

| Jin Kazama

| Mewtwo in Pokken even though i NEVER get my synergy

| Suddenly Broly

| Pikachu/Samus:Melee
Teen Gohan/Beerus/Tien:DBFZ
Ibuki:3rd Strike
Millia Rage:GG
Yellow guy:Nidhog 1

| bigband - skullgirls
hazama - blazblue
jigglypuff - smash 4

i have issues help me

| >>208347
Smash.......

| >>208413
BROTHERS

| I main May in Guity Gear Xrd, although I think Baiken is more fun. I can't handle her in a real fight though, I'm not good enough. may just fits my hands perfectly. Small girls for small girls, go figure

| Melee: marth
Dead or alive:hitomi
Soul calibur : kilik
Tekken : lili
Street fighter x tekken : sakura

| >>fa8719 SASUKE!!!

| >>210633 reee mentioning a post so far up by ID and not by post number

| Sans

| >>210205
>SFXT
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

| Cervantes!