danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Games only you can get into

| Let's talk about all the games you try to make your pals play but they seem to not get into it at all for one reason or another. I'll start.

I play this game called Toribash, and out of all the people I introduced it too only one was able to play it more for more than an hour or so

| Mahjong ;-;

| killer7 bc it doesn't look like fortnite or cod enough

| Elona

| gmod skibidi toilet rp my friends are too scared of skibidi toilet they dont like horror games and just want to play fortnite all the time even though i dont like fortnite so i try to tell them its not a horror game the skibidi toilets are funny when you get used to them and skibidi toilet rp lets you be your own character and make stories with other characters that are really emotional and real some of my best memories are on skibidi toilet rp on gmod but my friends are too scared

| i think one of them has nightmares about it but i keep telling him if he plays skibidi toilet rp with me on gmod he can get used to it and even care about it like me we have a family and i tell him he could be my son or wife if he wants to be a girl character but he says the faces scare him too much and he wants to play fortnite with his other friends because the skibidi toilet faces are scary and all my other friends just play fortnite even though they say skibidi isnt scary

| everyone i know always just plays fortnite all the time they dont even know what gmod is or they dont care and they dont care about stories and characters like me they just play fortnite and buy skins for the game but it isnt interesting or anything because you dont get to have adventures or anything you cant have a character because everyone just wants to kill you instead of making stories like on skibidi toilet rp on gmod also gmod is more creative than fortnite

| my friends dont know that gmod is from hl2 i havent played hl2 because it looks scary but gmod has robot characters from hl2 like combine soldier that looks really futuristic and people use it to make cool characters on skibidi toilet rp on gmod and fortnite doesnt have characters like this it only has cartoon characters and everything looks like its for little kids like disney movies i dont know why they say its better than gmod they havent even played it because theyre too scared

| Might be kinda basic, but Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Most of the people in my life just ain't really into those games. Some of them fw them conceptually, but don't like playing them
I'm not even gonna try with Fear & Hunger or Pathologic. I've come to terms with being the only masochistic, pretentious asshole in my circle

| 100% Orange Juice is fun, but I can't get my friends into it much cuz the good cards in the game do require a fair bit of grinding stars for booster packs which isn't really that agreeable for my friends that just want to play a quick board game with no fuss.

Spending hours grinding away on stars and cards just to be able to strategize better is kind of a wall for those that are just there to mess around with friends.

(I personally love the game though and have too many DLCs lol)

| I also tried to get my friends into MMOs, but the hard part about that one is that while I absolutely love MMOs, its hard to coordinate progressing together with friends.

I don't want to level too fast and end up having too big a gap from them, but I also don't want to pressure them into progressing faster cuz I want them to have fun at their own pace, all the while I'm also worrying that they're actually not that into the game and they're just going along with me.

| On separate occasions tried to get a friend of mine and my dad into Return of the Obra Dinn, which I reckoned correctly they'd think cool, but neither seemed to have much interest in actually solving the game after having seen all the scenes. I guess deduction and paperwork isn't everybody's idea of this century's best gaming experience.

| ffxiv, understandably so.
none of my bois want to get lost in the rabbit hole that is that game

someone please justify the 4k hours ive lost

| >>1006931 *puts you in furiten* *rons your mouth* *releases a baiman load*

| >>1007069 nooo you can do anything but please don't nagashi in my mangan!! I have a husband!!

| Probably any shump, but I wanted to find people to play 3ds/ds multiplayer games with via emu or irl.
>>1007002
It's sort of evened out by that if you have one long term player, anyone in the session can draw their cards but I get what you mean.
though I spent 100 hours on it and I think the base game is fun enough to where I kinda stopped caring about winning. It's arguably more fun to get a near win as a chicken than it is have top tier characters/strats.

| Fighting games as a genre, the entrance bar looks too high to most people, even if I assure them otherwise

| >>1007282 "dude, why my quarter circle front didn't work"

| >>1007282
I agree they're more approachable than they seem, but I think a big reason why people think they're not is cause FG players don't know how to talk like a normal human being
I'll let someone tryna get me into a fighting game know that my only experience is a bit of casual Smash Bros, but when I ask how to do something they just list off a string of numbers and letters or just say the name of an attack from a 1988 arcade game lol

| if you have a numpad on your computer just look at that whenever someone gives you a jumble of numbers. otherwise just ask them to talk in human terms like "half circle" and "quarter circle". numpad notation is simple when you learn it but most people just seem to assume everyone already knows and that is Not Helpful

| I love sex.

| >>1007309
Yeah exactly! I do know the numpad notations now, but before that I had to explain what you just said way too many times

| I usually explain what "fireball" and "dp" means for notations, and then use that

| Dwarf Fortress, Cortex Command, ... sigh...

| >>1007409 I told my friend that DF is a procedurally generated sim-like rogue-like RTS open-world manager and a rimworld++ then they play for 1 minute because there are too much text

| >>1006926 hey I played Toribash like 20 years ago!! lol

In my case, that game would be Castlevania Legacy of Darkness for the Nintendl 64, I loved it! And played it many many times!
Great ambience, music, atmosphere, lore, characters, dialogue, weapons, levels, creatures, bosses!
However, on the internet nobody seem to have played it nor talk about it...

| Payday, RuneScape, dwarf fortress, va-11 Hall-a

| >>1007409 it has been a long time since i heard anyone mention cortex command

| >>1007501 I play all of these. Move into my house immediately.

| >>1007501 I play only one of these. Move out of my house immediately.

| >>1007501 I played 3 if these, move into my city rn.

| The Forest and Sons of the Forest, they find too much realism unfun

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1710317534

This thread is permanently archived