danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is there a city that is good as China wants the world to think about their cities?

| I always see online videos of cities in China and other mostly Asian countries with insane architecture, they honestly look like a great place to live but I know it's just a front. Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to live in a place like that without dealing with the sucky side of things

| What about that 'Chinatown' place I'm always hearin' about?

| new chinese cities are made of chinesium. the fuckers will put up a 15, 30 story apartment and put half the rebar the documentation calls for in the ceiling slab. then the steel will mysteriously disappear and the foreman has a new iphone
once the shoe drops that one turkish earthquake ain't gonna be shit

| chinks are not humans

| Singapore. You're thinking of Singapore. Clean streets, beautiful architecture. I visited a few times and honestly, the vibes are great.

... Assuming you're rich. And can integrate with the society there. And can get a good job. It's a tiny country.

| >>957830
I visited once when my friend was studying there. It was weird. It's super safe, everything is super clean and as you said the vibes are great.

But it's still a draconian hellscape. Freedom of speech is heavily restricted and the punishment for even small crimes is insanely harsh.

| They claim to have freedom of speech, but the only place you're allowed to talk "freely" is a very specific, remote and hidden place. I went there to have a look and it's a tiny pallet, under a small tree, hidden away behind a narrow alley.

But before you're allowed to express yourself "freely" you must submit your speech to the government for review, and if they don't like it you can be jailed for decades. This has happened to people which is fucked up.

| >>957830 (not OP) no thanks, I'll take some dirtier cities in SEA or gather more money to live in Japan than having to hear "lah lor lek" randomly interjected in weird sounding english.

I can take Indian accent, african accent, but everytime I hear someone speak in Singlish, my brain cells just melt away.

| Don't come, you won't be able to bear it. Although many people are foreign, but isn't not normal

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1685425835

This thread is permanently archived