danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
hey gurls how can i be strong without getting buff

| i wanna be able to lift heavy stuff and not be knocked over but i want to keep looking reasonably skinny

| minimum ammunition of push up

| 30 a day

| *amount

| >>954733
wont that make my shoulders or chest wide?

| you cant.

| >>954736
damn it :(

| *fucks your mouth*

| you can lift heavy loads from my bfs dick, yooo

| Depends on what you mean by "buff." You can increase you strength without increasing your muscle mass. But at some point you will hit a wall where you can't get any stronger without becoming too buff for your tastes. But probably no.

| Cast more tarukaja, it can stacks 4 times

| >>954764
based

| >>954727 this is a very common and very wrong misconception. It takes a fuck ton to build and maintain muscle. And if you're preventing hypertrophy (muscle growth) on purpose, then you need to do high reps with low weight, calisthenics, cardio and eat a good amount of protein for recovery. You won't get huge overnight, otherwise all us gym nerds would be.
Pushups and situps will tone your body, but they're not optimal for muscle growth, so do things like that.

| >>954782 to add, diet is gonna be the biggest factor in keeping your body shape while gaining strength. You'll need protein, at least 1 gram for each 2lbs you weigh, but like anyone you gotta keep a caloric balance/deficit to keep from gaining fat

https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bmr
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm
Here are 2 Basal Metabolic Rate calculators, find your base caloric need without working out, track calories and macros
You can do it! :)

| martial arts! a large part of martial arts is learning to use more muscles together to generate force rather than making your muscles bigger.

| >>954782
i've now read more about good diets, thank you. i might have to learn how to cook myself though T-T

>>954819
ooooh now that i think about it athletes aren't too big. which martial art is good for strength then?

| >>954869 just don't get overwhelmed. I'm in the same boat! I'm slowly learning to cook but everything is still very basic. I'm saving recipes to try later, but like anything start with simpler stuff, don't be afraid to experiment and over time you'll build a recipe book in your brain without thinking about it.
You got this!

| just look at some UFC fighters. strong as fuck. but not too buff.

| >>954869 personally, i did kung fu. its very much about gaining strength and restraint, basically how to control the strength when you get it.

tai chi is a more relaxing form of kung fu, its essentially kung fu in slow motion, but a proper martial arts school will teach you that even though you move slowly, to still act every move with full force. a tai chi master could slowly push you and you would feel the same amount of force as if it was done quickly. strength with no buff.

| Sleeper build meta is high weights, lower reps.

| >>955266 4 reps, 5 sets of a weight that you can take to failure might work. There is tons of info about this online if you pray to google.

| Just do body weight shit

| Listen to the person saying low reps, high weight. You get better at what you train. If you do 50 reps of light-weight exercises you get better at doing more reps. If you do few reps of something very heavy then you get better at lifting heavy things. 8-12 is the rep count often thrown around for hypertrophy, 3-5 reps for strength gain.

| ive been doing calisthenics and i've been getting strong (but not buff tho, sadly)

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1683523675

This thread is permanently archived