danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I need to make a game with zero experience within 4 DAYS

| My college groupmates did me dirty. Initially I was just supposed to do art assets, now I have to do the entire thing. To boot, they haven't started ANYTHING! what do I do g/u/rls, everything is confusing ;-;

| Okay, calming down a bit, I think the project is simple enough. For someone with no knowledge, I still think 4 days is crazy.

It's basically a visual novel with animation videos for the important cutscenes. There are mini games all throughout. The animations weren't made by me, they're all mp4s... that won't be a problem right?

Also has to use Unity for this since it was in the group proposal. But idk, is there any easier option without compromosing quality?

| Use internet to google staff.

| I'm sure there are probably tutorials on making an visual novel in it. maybe also look up one on how to put in videos too.

| >>931663 AI art is a thing now, it can help you with background stuff.

It can do your characters too, but it will be inconsistant, unless you take the time to train it (which you don't have)

I guess if you want the character portrait with only one expression, it will do. If you plan to have some additional scenes, then you'd have to generate a lot and hope it can match you initial character portrait. Make sure you write down your prompt.

| join the midjourney discord

| >>931671 right! i forgot about AI. i had some backgrounds still undone, so that's a lot of work covered. thank you
>>931682 I have the content on track, I'm mostly concerned on the technical aspect of it...

| >>931663
You can't do all that in 4 days. Even assuming you WERE proficient in everything, that's too much. You're going to have to cut it down to what's achievable, which is probably just the visual novel part. I hear Ren'Py is relatively easy to use; you should focus on getting the core of the game done(character art, BGs, CGs, writing, music) and skimp wherever you can(you can use photos for background by running them through filters, an public domain music, ect.). Good luck.

| >>931720
Addendum: Talk to your professor. Most will be understanding if your team did you dirty, and at least give you an opportunity to make up the work or some sort of credit for busting your ass in spite of bad odds.

| >>931720 I feared so...
I've finished the rest of the art needed. Renpy also looks simpler, so I'll go with that instead. I reduced the mini games to 3, which is just input/choose an answer, the last one being a 2d maze.

I can do all that with Renpy right? I wasn't sure about the maze part

>>931721 I've talked to the professor, she says it's not possible to make an extension for the deadline, but she will give me credit for covering for everything

| >>931663 tyranobuilder is easy to use VN "game maker".. renpy should have be also easy to use but i never tried it, i have experience only with tyranobuilder when comes to VN making

| >>931800
Oh thank god, you're allowed to use RenPy. When I heard you have to use Unity I was about to get a heart attack.

Yes, a multiple choice question in RenPy should be easy enough. The maze... I'm not really sure what the maze is like? If it's 2D it's theoretically possible but I don't think you can figure it out in only 4 days.

| wait, why didn't you have the art assets nearing completion if it was due in 4 days?
also, talk to your prof and use renpy.

| you should try using ren'py, usually it's a lot of work but simple enough to learn, 4 days still is insane. report those asshole "teammates" of yours

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1669917745

This thread is permanently archived