danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Just spend 6 weeks in Kenya, AMA

|

| I ken't believe ya.

| >>58b76c Jambo

| Did you pop over the border and climb Kilimanjaro?

| Why?

| Is this some shit where they send white kids over to build a water fountain.

| >>62021f Nope! But did climb mount Kenya

| >>6ae4f3 I worked on a farm

| >>1c6097 I was fed up with my life and wanted to do something different

| Did you enjoy your stay there? Try any exotic and exciting food?

| What did you do at the farm? Tbh now that I think about it I have no idea how the agricultural scene looks like in Africa.

| Why Africa for a life reset?

| Did you catch any highly infections diseases you are going to spread to your neighbors? Can I have a highly infection disease? (=>ω<=)

| Is your name Ken?

| Also, how was the night sky in Kenya?

| >>f1b11d I worked at a ''white'' farm where modern agricultural equipment was used. Unfortunately, they were experiencing a drought and I only got to work with spraying the fields with insecticides and herbicides.

| >>fc4fe8 I was hoping for Far Cry 2 antics (which I totally got!)

| >>feeec2 No streetlamps whatsoever, you could see the nightsky perfectly clear when standing in the fields

| >>871d5d I wish I was still there :( I enjoyed having a consistent schedule with work that felt meaningful. I learned new things everyday and had plenty of free time to drive my quadbike around!

The local food scene wasn't so exciting, huge emphasis on carbohydrates (main source there was cornflour). Little to no meat and very little spices.

| >>94115a I got vaccinated against virtually every disease before departing. My insurance basically forced me or else my coverage wouldn't be a 100%.

| Glad you made it back safe! Last I heard, workers on "white" farms were being murdered.

| >>e0007f Thanks! It was a bit tense during elections but luckily nobody got hurt (We had one break-in but the poor fella got electrocuted by the electric fence)

| >>889239 elaborate

| >>f1b11d Crime is still a big issue in Kenya, especially the rural parts. For protection the farm has electric fencing all around, a man tried to break in and unfortunately got stuck. The guards arrived but couldn't do anything for the man anymore. An investigation had been conducted by the local police and it had been deemed a misfortunate event.

| >>889351 Ah, I thought it'd be something more epic. An unfortunate event.

| Was this a christian program?

| Kenya? Yes it's cool, but do you want to go to another funny country in east side of Africa?

| >>bcd0ab sugandese nuts

| >>a8c317 Nope, I just reached out to random farmers until one of them was willing to let me come over.

| >>bcd0ab I already visited Tanzania and Madagaskar as a tourist, but I would like to return to the farm (but my boss doesn't, I crashed a lorry)

| >>a02b38 Kenya fit deez nut in yo mouth

| How did you get in contact with random trustworthy farmers? I'd like to do the same but I don't even know where to start.

| When will you visit the countries to the left of Chad?

| I think they are very precious

| >>889553 how did you decide to start looking to do that?
was there a reason for kenya instead of anywhere else?

Total number of posts: 35, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1660986091

This thread is permanently archived