danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
long ass post I wrote immediately after waking up at four am

| danger u dream three

the dream began as such: I was browsing danger/u/ in a building in the forest waiting for a bus to arrive with many other people. it was a restaurant, a shitty lookin one, and it turned out the people were people I knew in middle school. at the same time, I had been following on my phone for the past couple days a maidpost on this website about a map. we were looking for it, and I had missed something at the beginning and couldn't really make sense of it.

| there was some unimportant bullshit about the food, then the bus arrived and we loaded into it. I don't think I could communicate the happy feeling I had to be there were I a talented poet, but in short . we were driving through rain in the late afternoon through a teal forest on a two lane highway. on my phone, I watched the continuing maid post (it was supposed to be the next day's installment of this weird ARG thing)

| which I still could not figure out beyond that I should be looking for a map. I looked at the map app on my phone and found out that we were going back to the middle school building. it was a converted house in real life and in the dream it had converted back into an actual house. going back and forth between my phone and talking to the others with me, it seemed to be that the danger/u/ maid post

| had something to do with why I was on that bus at that reunion that I could not remember. by the time we arrived, it was becoming clear that this was an event heralding the deletion of danger/u/, and for some reason my middle school reunion had something to do with its continuance after the website shut down. and most importantly that I had missed some key piece of the puzzle. as we got off, I watched as most of the people went up the hill behind the school.

| (we spent a lot of time there when I was actually in middle school) I was very confused and starting to be worried then, so I went to ask one of the teachers there about what was going on: "we're supposed to be looking for a map, right?" but she replied, "I'm sorry, but you should have already known about that a long time ago." or something along those lines. I was pretty sad as that meant that I was going to be left out from whatever danger/u/ was getting replaced with,

| and that there wasn't much reason for me to be there. but of course right as I was waking up, she decided I must simply have gotten unlucky; she gave me a discord server invite that was the danger/u/ replacement and that's the last thing I remember.

-------------------------

| this is more of a "woke up and needed to write my dream down before I forget" than a comprehensible post. the dream probably seems really mundane to you. for me, though, middle school for me was the last time in my life that I felt happy consistently, because that was the last time I was around people that I actually liked. generally my friends now are good friends but there's some experience I could have had with them that I feel like I missed,

| and I'm so callous and closed off towards them that there isn't much I can do to keep them as close as I want to have my closest friends. meanwhile the people I knew a long time ago, that I grew up with before I moved, I haven't talked to in maybe six years? and haven't seen them in real life for almost ten. one day our discord server just died, and that was the end of it.

| those were the people who I could just compliment and be complimented by comfortably (now I ironically insult people), hang out with all the time (now I have to take breaks from my friends), talk about homestuck with (I've been avoiding real life conversations about homestuck since then), and a bunch of other stuff that could only have happened before I turned into a pile of poorly fitting ironic armor. danger/u/ reminds me a lot of those people.

| this website feels like the internet felt when I was learning about it back then. I really like it here and when this website is fun it's probably the most fun part of my life (stfu i've been a super lame neet since the pandemic started). i'm always a little bit frustrated, though, because the anonymity of this place makes it hard to connect with anything.

| every time anything special happens with it, any little change or event, it feels like I'm just watching from the outside, like I can't really participate in danger/u/ even when I post. but also, it's hard for me to show up in places like the current discord server. everyone knows everyone's name there, and they all talk directly to each other, and it's just straight up difficult to break into. I don't really know how to manage a place like that being a fixture of my day,

| so when I tried using that place I bounced off of it pretty hard. and I could just leave it like that and be fine, except I also have huge anxiety problems which apparently include subconcious sleep worrying about this website getting instadeleted. but the only thing I can really do about that right now is appreciate that it hasn't been deleted yet.

| so, thank you g/u/rls for continuing to post. you're really cute and you are helping me stay barely sane during my mental health problems by giving me something to read that makes me a little happier (instead of all the other social media I have). and thanks for reminding me about some experiences I was lucky to have as a kid, and thank you for reading my weird long vent post about something that's should really have been a therapy meeting. i love you <3

| *fucks your mouth*

| Have sex and have fun

| yeah I've also experienced scouring the internet in hopes of finding some sort of community that could then turn into meaningful relationships,dread, anxiety sort of feeling. OP You could trying getting good at a skill. There could be a chance you might connect with someone via shared interest. Or at the very least getting good at that skill could be an escape from that feeling.

| >>and a bunch of other stuff that could only have happened before I turned into a pile of poorly fitting ironic armor. danger/u/ reminds me a lot of those people.
>>880610 You are posting this on a board where at any given day 3/2rds of the threads are memes.How?

| >>880770 it's nearly impossible to not fit in on an anon board, you just need more of a brain than a spambot. all the little interactions here amalgamate into one personality that matches with me a little bit more than everyone else. whenever I check this website, it's arranged comfortably for me. I'm almost always uncomfortable around real people, even my closest friends right now. ig it's just enough memes to not be too serious, but serious enough once in a while to still matter?

| >>880781
>it's nearly impossible to not fit in on an anon board, you just need more of a brain than a spambot.
But this is the worst part of anon boards/dangeru.

| In my dreams i have sex and fun.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1658007582

This thread is permanently archived