danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How to talk to people and make friends?

| I was talking to one of my friends last night and he said that all he did when he went to school was say words to people and they started to pay attention to him. We were both homeschooled but he went to public school at the beginning of 10th grade (I think) while I was starting college classes. Is it actually that easy, /u/? I still find it hard to talk to strangers and not a lot of people go out of their way to talk to me.

| The more I think about it the more I realize that the world is going to shit. Powerful people keep doing fucked up things and climate change is going to fuck us all over in a couple of years. And in the midst of all of this I will never be able to make or maintain relationships because of the lack of experience I was granted in my childhood. Idfk what I'm even doing anymore. Nothing is even particularly enjoyable. I find the most solace in being as NPC as possible.

| Seems like your friend just has a natural charm that you (or like, any of us who go to a place like danger/u/) don't have. I know, it's weird, but people like that do exist.

It'll help if you're not too gloomy, and judging by that second post, you are plenty gloomy. Not that you shouldn't be, since the world is going to shit, but it'll help to put that aside when you're out talking to strangers.

| Oh and to answer your question
>Is it actually that easy, /u/?
Absolutely not. Talking to strangers is hard. Making lasting relationships is even harder.

But like, you still gotta make that effort to open up and talk. Throw yourself in front of the high-speed car that is social interaction and let it ram you.

The alternative is to be alone with your gloomy thoughts, and that sucks.

| Like with all things, you don't start out as an expert. It's hard at first, and will continue being hard until it isn't anymore (not that knowing this will help at all, mind you). But that's all there is to it. Get out of your comfort zone, talk to people you don't know, face setbacks and awkward conversations and learn how to talk to people through experience.

| If you don't know where to start, say hello, your name, and ask whether you can join the conversation.

Be curious and ask questions, and if they ask you any questions, avoid one word answers.

Also, you're in college, so you can easily find topics you have in common. An example would be the classes you take, what their major is and why, etc.

And remember, you'll 100% suck at it in the beginning, so don't mind it if you fail. Keep trying and maybe you'll find it becoming easier.

| >>83ed97 >>8c8c85 Thanks for the words of advice. I'll try harder to apply it. Thanks /u/

| Do your best to listen attentively and if the opportunity presents itself for you being able to call back to what they said previously, take it, your conversation partner would appreciate you for listening well

| Approach them slowly
Drop their pants
Suck their dick

| DON'T MAKE FRIENDS YOU WILL REGRET IT

| Be wholesome, give forehead kiss, be friend

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1655974400

This thread is permanently archived