danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Need help to stop procrastinating

| Title says it all, I'm still somewhat young at 24 living with my mom and no job, things are kinda tough and options are scarcely available but only one I want to run after. Studying for a Google certificate would open some doors to me start changing everything.
I know this is my call to finally do something for myself, yet I find it hard to stop delaying studies to play games, or other random excuses to do other things cause current irl leaves me really stressed.

| I'm basically a self-aware loser constantly beating myself cause I know I should just go study!!! And yet I don't do it as often as I should...any tips for me to leave this hell loop and pick my ass up? I feel like things will go really bad in just a few months due to politics and being already on the poor side would make everything just way worst

| Dopamine detox. Google it, try it.

A lot of non-clinical attention disorders are a result of overstimulation. Avoid what stimulates you, and your reward circuits will respond better to a job well done (rather than whatever else you're doing).

| >>861962
This is great advice, ADHD medication for example is an okay temporary solution but changing your routines and fixing your dopamine system is the long term fix and will make you happier in general

| Here's a strategy that I'm currently trying to follow

>"week one: alternate between coffee and tea everyday (coffee 3 days)
week two: alternate between coffee,tea and orange juice (coffee 2 days)
week three: starting drinking coffee as a reward for the end of the week( coffee 1 day)
week/phase four: cut it off + either introduce a new element or keep it how it was.
the goal with this should be to make intent as small as possible; phase things in/out of a spontaneous routine."

| JUST DO IT

| >>862000
I don't think coffee or anything similar every week. I get my dopamine from manga, game and niche boards like this one. Iono if I should cut those out of my life.

| Obv just replace this with things that are more relevant with you
But even if it doesn't work, it still best that you stick with a plan. If you're following a plan, then it's at the very least an escape from thinking about how much of a train wreck you are.

| >>862009
drink coffee*

| Here some other stuff you can do:
>There a self control extension called leech-block NG that's on Chromium and firefox.
>You can also try 'interrupt' the urge to do something. like for 20 mins you can make a snack, sort clothes or even just get a coloring book and mindlessly fill in the shapes.
I think it's also good to remind yourself that progress isn't always going to be linear. It's better to accept that you fucked up than to beat yourself over the fact the you fucked up

| Procrastinate your procrastination.

| E.g., tell youself that you can procrastinate once you're done studying.

| >>862089 life changing

| Op - the dopamine detox does makes sense the more I think about it.
I don't think I have added in a medical level but I certainly do fuck up everyday with procrastination.
I bet nothing is easy but I will try to go back to the plan I was doing, a 2-4 hour study session everyday that I slowly ditched cause side tracked with games or random stuff.
It's a very depressing feeling that's hard to fight but I appreciate the help, I'll keep working on trying to change myself.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1653515421

This thread is permanently archived