danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How to handle identity issues

| Being a multicultural. The gap between how you identifie yourself to how they identifie you is so huge its hard to find someone to feel relates to and that kinda suck.

| I guess sterotype is what they call

| putting on a zoro mask and a cool hat with a suit and becoming a spymaster who lives for vengeance towards america and the world

| stop caring about labels
no one cares in the end
it's all for the show
i regret trying
save yourself from doing it and just be you

| i am white but everyone ik w mixed heritage always has very complicated identity issues like this. ur not alone in this

| I wish i was cool enough to be multicultural

| >>859788
Why do you being white have anything to do with it?

| >>860053 i am white aswell

| Why do people care about identity or races?
When I think of my identity, I think the the most important parts of it are my memories, my values and philosophies, and that's it.

| >>860107 because ppl like to associate with being a part of a group, and one of the first groups you belong to are directly based from your looks like racial traits.

| >>860107
Only small-brained people care about identity and "race". Have you *ever* in your life had a conversation with a racist person and thought him wise? No, no one have.

You're entirely on point with your values, memories and philosophies being the central part of who you may be, but don't forget that action speaks louder than words. How people percieve you is mostly based on how you act.

| >>860199 lol

| >>860053 I suppose i am using white as short hand for non-multicultural. I know that i dont really understand that experience. and if i ever do it will never come from a place of personal lived experience

| >>860230 but that's kind of how americans think about "whiteness"
we don't think that mongoloids as a race are monocultural do we?
there are multitudes of cultures of asian and native americal people, same with black people and caucasians, numerous ethnicities and outlooks on life
and that's discounting the circumstances of birth and personal development either

| anyway, speaking as a person with a very slippery grasp on my own, pardon, "personhood" and anything regarding identity - little things help, as is writing them down
your gender, or your favourite sleep position, or your profession, or some societal ideas that you agree with (note: not the political leanings, that shit is complex and would require more involved research than the general self-observation excersise I'm speaking of)

| >>860427
you make a list of things and then choose what is important in making you feel like a separate person, a human who deserves these traits recognized and cherished, and/or which ones you would like to introduce yourself with to a stranger

| >>860428 >>860427 that's actually a nice idea

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1652817821

This thread is permanently archived